• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2012 Registration Now Officially Open

That's exactly it. Unless someone posts on their own, we generally do not disclose this information. Many people do not want it known publicly they are away, how far away they are and how long they will be gone.

Additionally, although Prime is a great site and wonderful for our community, the NSXCA has no actual affiliation with Prime and many attendees over the years have indicated they do not even frequent Prime (amazing, yet true). As a club where members must pay dues (albeit nominal), we respect the general wishes of our membership to retain and protect their privacy rights.

Indeed, most of the Colorado members/attendees are not on Prime.

Go karts at NSXPO 2012!
These are the go karts we will be using during the Sunday, Sept. 16, go kart and barbecue at http://www.imimotorsports.com/
gokart2.jpg

gokart1.jpg

gotta love the gonadal gas tank.........:eek:

well atleast you could bring a flask of 105 Octane fuel additive

and dump it into the tank and have that extra edge.

will they allow us to MOD them before driving them

gotta love the gonadal gas tank.........:eek:

I am just, uhhhmmmmm. amazed, not just at your observation, but your articulation of something that had not been obvious to me when I took the photo.

I am just, uhhhmmmmm. amazed, not just at your observation, but your articulation of something that had not been obvious to me when I took the photo.

lol....just wait..I'm sure some intrepid xpoer will ask the attendant what that is...tell him or her to say ...its' washer fluid:biggrin:

I've asked this question before, but why isn't there an official list maintained of all that are actually registered, that is accessible to all members?
This has been done in the past, showing only NSXprime usernames, not anything more personally identifiable (for the reasons Bob states). For example:

Meet NSXprime Members at NSXPO 2008!
Meet NSXprime Members at NSXPO 2006!
Meet NSXprime Members at NSXPO 2005!
Meet NSXprime Members at NSXPO 2004!
Meet NSXprime Members at NSXPO 2003!

I am officially registered along with my GF Jill.....hotel is booked as well.

The website is not giving the early bird pricing today. This will be corrected to avoid the need for multiple refunds. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that we are aware of it and steps are being taken to fix the glitch so everyone will get their early bird pricing (and what a steal it is!)

Last edited:
The website is not giving the early bird pricing today. This should be corrected to avoid the need for multiple refunds.

I've emailed the programmer; in the meantime, anyone registering today will get refunded the difference. sorry for the inconvenience.
--bruce h

I've emailed the programmer; in the meantime, anyone registering today will get refunded the difference. sorry for the inconvenience.
--bruce h

This happens every year Bruce so no biggie. But traditionally the last day of early bird pricing sees an uptick in traffic since a lot of members (myself included) would rather pay at the last moment. We have always refunded the difference but I just wanted to try to minimize the accounting adjustments so we don't make The Don's head explode. :biggrin:

This happens every year Bruce so no biggie. But traditionally the last day of early bird pricing sees an uptick in traffic since a lot of members (myself included) would rather pay at the last moment. We have always refunded the difference but I just wanted to try to minimize the accounting adjustments so we don't make The Don's head explode. :biggrin:

OK... word is it should be working correctly now!
cheers and thanks,
--bruce

Our webmaster mastered that web in a masterful and expeditious fashion to correct that master pricing. Thanks!

Thankyou Don Masterson.

This is a tad off topic but I want to let you all know of two VERY IMPORTANT maintenance items for your NSX when driving at the high altitudes in Colorado, in case you aren't aware, as I wasn't with my S2000: Clutch Fluid (<--It's brake fluid) and Brake Fluid.

I recently drove to the S2000 meet, S2KCA Days, also in Golden, Aug 10-12. I (thought I) made sure that all my fluids were up to par, oil changed, etc. We had about 34 cars and we were driving up Pikes Peak, when I pulled over to let an ambulance go by. My clutch went to the floor and stayed there. :eek: I was stuck right there. I had never changed my clutch fluid (it's brake fluid in the clutch system) in 97,000 miles. It's not listed as a separate maintenance item in the S2000 Owner's Manual, just like it's not in my NSX Owner's Manual. When the manual says to change brake fluid, I was thinking the brakes only. Evidently this also means the clutch fluid since it's brake fluid. I was not the only one with this problem. Two other drivers made it to the top of Pikes Peak before their clutch pedals went to the floor and stayed there. After all our cars cooled down, the pedals came back up and we could drive again. The next morning, I was at Planet Honda in Golden, CO, when the doors opened at 7 AM, for a clutch fluid change/bleed.

Here's how an S2000 expert (Dave, xviper on S2ki.com) explained it to me:

If the brake fluid was a bit on the old side, it has drawn quite a bit of water (brake fluid is hydrophilic - loves water) and at altitude, it boils the water and also draws whatever air is in solution. The brake fluid everywhere in the system developed huge air pockets and when you try to push in the clutch (uses brake fluid) all you did was compress the air. Something similar happens to the brake system but due to the extra large volume of brake fluid and the fact that movement of the brake pads is quite small compared to how much the clutch springs move, you didn't have a brake failure. When driving to such altitude, it's a good thing to have the brake fluid in both systems checked (with those Chemstrips or by fluid analyzer) and changed to fresh fluid if needed before driving up there.

IMG_8604120810SickSuzuka.jpg

^This is as far as my S2000 made it up Pikes Peak, just 1,207 feet to go. Don't let this happen to you and your NSX.

IMG_8606120810GPS.jpg

^Almost to the top but not quite.

IMG_8608120811Patty.jpg

^I hitched a ride with another owner so at least I got to the top.

I would never think that the clutch fluid would get that hot, so thanks for the tip.
I drove to the summit in late Oct 2010 and didn't have any problem with anything, but the snow blowing across the road sure made me think maybe driving up there wasn't a very good idea. Howard

Re: NSXPO 2012 Registration List - post your name here if going

1. Honcho
2. Martin
3. Pooh and The Don
4. The Hawk and Hawkette
5. RSO and RSO 1/2
6. 1K2GO
7. Phoen$x
7. Climberao- about time!
9. Passline and potential better half
10. warrenw and spouse (Shan)
11. shawn110975
12. MrTwo
13.GO KRT

1. Honcho
2. Martin
3. Pooh and The Don
4. The Hawk and Hawkette
5. RSO and RSO 1/2
6. 1K2GO
7. Phoen$x
7. Climberao- about time!
9. Passline and potential better half
10. warrenw and spouse (Shan)
11. shawn110975
12. MrTwo
13.GO KRT
14. wagyshag

If anyone is interested in splitting cost for a room I have already booked a room with 2 queen beds.
Let me know.
Thanks!
Joe

Last edited:
I believe the unofficial registration count is around 100 right now. Wouldn't it be a shame if you are not a part of this upcoming event.

Register now if you haven't already done so!

Back