• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2013 Photos

Guess none of these cars can say they've never seen rain...
:biggrin:

Here is a 6:30am Sunday morning shot after a night of rain...

img20131013-063333-X2.jpg

Get pics...thanks to all for posting!

I captured a pretty cool time lapse on my go pro when everyone was returning from the Porsche by design event and everyone getting ready for the Concours d' Elegance competition. Enjoy!

-Alec

LMAO, look at that guy with the Imola car... He was cleaning that thing all day :redface:

GREAT shots!!!!

The downfalls of being in the same rungroup as bob, you miss out on getting a quality shot of your car.

Great stuff either way.

I like this one, a smiling driver on the uphill esses is the appropriate reaction.

9453625_orig.jpg

I think everyone's pretty well covered the social part better than I did photography-wise. I did end up with a few choice shots from the track and a video from on the track (I'll have some more interesting perspectives up later as well as some from the skid-pad).

Skid-Pad fun:

Lud, at speed:

I don't know sign-language, can someone translate?!?:

Naturally, one of the best shots I take all week....not an NSX ;):

In car from the second Advanced session on Wednesday. I put my try-hard pants on for a few laps and managed a new personal best with a little hiccup and without taking any "real" risks, so that sort of iced my cake for the week :).

You'll note a handfull of "cameos" in there:

A combination of a Trackmasters app data export, the "RaceChrono2AVI" program for PC, and Vegas 9 to sync everything up. Moderate shenanigans, but about $1900 less than a TraqMate setup.

Thanks for the great shots and Liz appreciates the "Best Picture" Congrats on the personal best. Awesome driving skills and that red Vette that you reeled in, Fully track prepped with a supercharger. All about the skills, not the HP.

Thanks for the great shots and Liz appreciates the "Best Picture" Congrats on the personal best. Awesome driving skills and that red Vette that you reeled in, Fully track prepped with a supercharger. All about the skills, not the HP.

He he he, Track knowledge, I think, was the key key my apparent skill :). These were only my 6th and 7th days ever (3rd event) at this track but there were several folks in the advanced group for whom it was their first trip to VIR. I know on my first trip, I was just figuring it out about the time I had to leave.

'Shoe on the other foot, I'll post some video later where I get reeled in by one of the instructors/track regulars in a "$500" Chump/LeMons car :redface:. Honestly though, watching the video and seeing the sections where he was taking my lunch money will be lessons learned and food for thought next time I'm there.

NSXPO 2013 Event Photos
Please use the link below to enjoy a few hundred photos from the event. People, Banquets, Awards, Concours, the Fun Run through the countryside, and of course CARS..CARS..CARS including NSX, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Porsche and lots of smiling faces.

http://aoffsie.smugmug.com/Cars/NSX-Related/NSXPO-2013-Raleigh-NC/32725102_ZkHTNv#!i=2839265251&k=z2Z9JRh

Thank you John and everyone on the NSXPO 2013 committee, NSXCA Board, and of course thanks to all my new friends for contributing to great memories from another fun NSXPO

Alan :biggrin:

Back