• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2015 Picture Thread - post your NSXPO pictures here & on social media!

My pictures are taking a bit longer than usual...my DSLR's sensor had a ton of dust on it, so I'm heavily relying upon Spot Removal to clean up the shots where the dust is noticeable (which is probably around 80% of them). I thought I had cleared most of the dust before I left for NSXPO, but I may have actually made the situation worse. I couldn't tell how bad it was until I got the pictures on my computer at home. Next time I'll make sure to have my camera serviced at Canon before a trip / attending an event like this.

Remind me why I do this again?

Sorry to hear that Akira. I know how much work are in photos. How'd the sensor get dusty? Left out or just accumulation over time?

Mike B

PS. 109 NSX roll out

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EiWY0ZsqAkU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry to I know how much work are in photos. How'd the sensor get dusty? Left out or just accumulation over time?

The leading cause of getting dust in the sensor...rushing to change lenses in non-ideal situations (i.e. outside, windy...not doing a great job using my bag to shield the exchange). Another possible cause...recently adopted kittens and changing lenses inside my house?

I've had my camera sensor professionally cleaned three or four times since I got my camera in 2008. Once or twice by my local camera store. Twice by Canon at their regional service center. Canon does a much better job...

Some pics at Thermal ...

IMG_1139.JPG

IMG_1154.JPG

IMG_1155.JPG

IMG_1157.JPG

IMG_1189.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Out at the auto-x course at Thermal...

IMG_1190.JPG

IMG_1198.JPG

IMG_1216.JPG

IMG_1220.JPG

IMG_1223.JPG

IMG_1260.JPG

IMG_1265.JPG

IMG_1274.JPG

IMG_1307.JPG

IMG_1314.JPG

IMG_1348.JPG

IMG_1352.JPG

The leading cause of getting dust in the sensor...rushing to change lenses in non-ideal situations (i.e. outside, windy...not doing a great job using my bag to shield the exchange). Another possible cause...recently adopted kittens and changing lenses inside my house?I've had my camera sensor professionally cleaned three or four times since I got my camera in 2008. Once or twice by my local camera store. Twice by Canon at their regional service center. Canon does a much better job...
Ahh, makes sense. Good feedback!

wings west is flexible:wink:

Great pics as always Eric.

Day 2: HPDE at the Thermal Club & The Living Desert Zoo and Gardens

Day 2 is done...click on any pic to see the whole album:

Last edited:
More great pics, thanks Eric.

Nice pics, thanks for posting Randy

Nice pics, thanks for posting Randy

Randy, I guess you didn't get any shots of me on the track. I also made the mistake of not sync'ing up with you before the drive. I obviously missed out on quite a few photo ops because my car wasn't within your viewfinder...

I just started going through my shots from the drive...here's a small sampler (no link just yet):

i-pWJ6ktx-X2.jpg

i-sgJBszw-X2.jpg

i-cWbXHxg-X2.jpg

i-g8Sg4GG-X2.jpg

i-PMZ6vW6-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Eric. Just what I need more pictures of my car!!!
Did you get tired of my blinking spoiler brake lamp?

Last edited:
Thanks Eric. Just what I need more pictures of my car!!!
Did you get tired of my blinking spoiler brake lamp?

I don't recall it blinking during the drive. (Just checked the video...it wasn't)

A ridiculous number of red NSX photos including of your car (and SeaSharp/Craig's) will be coming later this week...I really should have followed a more diverse group. :)

Last edited:
I don't recall it blinking during the drive. (Just checked the video...it wasn't)

A ridiculous number of red NSX photos including of your car (and SeaSharp/Craig's) will be coming later this week...I really should have followed a more diverse group. :)
Looking forward to those pictures...
You may have not noticed my spoiler LEDs blinking because once I have applied my brakes for the first time that causes my third brake light to flash 6 times and then it turns solid, touching my brakes again within 8 seconds will cause my third brake light to turn on normally without flashing. In other words, I must have my foot off the brakes for more than 8 seconds before the blinking circuit will reset causing my third brake light to flash again.

Well, that isn't as annoying as driving behind someone whose brake light never turns off (which happened on a drive before NSXPO)

Finally started and finished my video of the San Jacinto drive... my attempt to take you on a journey with the right music.. don't blast it though because when it goes, it goes loud. It is however environmentally safe as there are no words.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mJuKTgGSS-4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Nice video, thanks for sharing.

Back