• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2016 location?

Shudder....I'm not sure I'd want to inflict Summit on people unfamiliar with the risks involved with 'tracking their cars. That track is neat, but is behind-the-times (being polite) in the safety department. Pocono is a nice facility though, particularly after recent renovations, 'been there a couple dozen times.

- - - Updated - - -

Not Volunteering, but spit-balling here:

Somewhere in the Northern Georgia or Eastern TN might work well. If you stay west of the 'smokies the weather that time of year is typically cool, but dry (~40s-~70s), the winding roads are second-to-none and you are spoiled for choice between the 'Dragon and surrounding roads, or the roads around Lookout Mountain in Chattanooga or there-abouts. The down-side is that you run into the need to commute to a track. Again though, you have choices: From Chatt/Knoxville you are between 2-3.5 hours from Atlanta Motorsports Park, 2-4 hours from Barber, 2.5-4.5 hours from Road Atlanta,......oh, and ~3.5-4.5 hours from the National Corvette Museum Track (lol).

I'm a big fan of the northern GA/eastern TN area.

Ultimately though, this'll come down to people actually putting in bids and not just popping on and saying "I vote for my city/nearby area".

Back