• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO COUNT DOWN (1/3) - 666 hp - 3.5L twin turbocharged

Then I take it this Mase person is the tuner pro. Is he based in the Orlando area?

Hugh, Mase will be at the event in Orlando. He could probably take a look at your car while you are there. He is an expert on AEM. He has tuned 1000's of cars and tuned wei-shens 3.5L turbo also. He is hard to get a hold of on the phone though....

Come to Orlando. Call me if you need info. PM me for a number.

Hugh why do you need a tuner? wasn't the AEM tuned already to get to 666? are you having some sort of hiccup or issue?

I thought you were all against FI... did you decide to come out of the closet? :biggrin:

Hugh why do you need a tuner? wasn't the AEM tuned already to get to 666? are you having some sort of hiccup or issue?

I thought you were all against FI... did you decide to come out of the closet? :biggrin:

Just a little hiccup. Should be solvable over the phone with SoS once I get my laptop to talk to the EMS.

I am against adding FI to an unmodified motor. Never been against FI when done right.

Hugh,

I got an error while hooking my pc to my AEM F/IC. It turns out there was a missing driver and the USB port my PC assigned my F/IC was higher than port 16.

Once I downloaded the correct driver, it worked instantly. This may or may not be your issue but maybe it will help.

Here is the link I used:

http://forum.aempower.com/forum/index.php?topic=20462.15

Long Term Update

It's been about and 3 years and 40,000 miles since Charlotte underwent her transformation to a 3.5L TT Science of Speed beast. I'll keep this brief since there really isn't anything to report. The engine has been bulletproof, no issues whatsoever. Since my car was the first one sold to the public after development was completed, Chris found that the fuel pump and associated wires needed to upgraded. He provided this to me for free.

I did go through 2 SoS twin carbon clutches, both failing at exactly 7,000 miles. It was determined that they both had a minor factory defect. I'm currently running a Carbonetic Triple Carbon that has close to 20k miles on it.

The car has retained the characteristics that make it a superb daily driver while possessing the ability to embarrass anything badged with a farm animal. :)

charlotte_highboost.jpg

where the hell have you been?

Where has he NOT been? lol

43,000 miles on the SoS motor and all is well. I posted a 41,000 mile review with oil analysis data here. There's also a video of drive that took place during one of my dreams this past weekend involving some good 'ol highway tag with some other supercars here.

Nice! When are we going to do install a FlexFuel system to make an extra 200 horsepower? :)

hm, any possibility of running this car on liquid injected LPG(propane)? It has very high octane rating (110+ usually) and is dirt cheap(which does matter in Europe where fuel is expensive, even if you drive something like this). Australians have very good experience with FIed cars. Tuning might be an issue though.

http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=140523

Back