• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO Weekend Event Schedule?

I was actually looking forward to attending this event finally....but when I figured what it was going to cost me...all in...to only be able to attend one day due to my work schedule it wasn't worth it to me. I found myself wanting to take ride up on Sat to see some people I haven't seen in a while and check out the cars , but didn't want to be "that guy" like some others being mentioned here now after the fact. I really don't think it would have been a big deal to let others partake in a parking lot car show rather than discouraging them but it wasn't my event. Hope everyone that could attend had a great time.

I really don't think it would have been a big deal to let others partake in a parking lot car show rather than discouraging them but it wasn't my event.

This was not a parking lot car show nor a cars and coffee event, etc.

There was a concours event for attendees but it was on the property of our premier sponsor, Davis Acura, who also provided the space for the tech sessions in addition to providing a catered lunch for the attendees. Their support helped underwrite NSXPO and they did it for NSXCA members who registered for the event. It was on the Davis Acura dealership lot and was a closed event.

Sorry but it is getting increasingly frustrating trying to explain this event. I don't know how many times it will take to get the point across but this WAS NOT a parking lot car show.

Until you went inside the dealership for the catered lunch and tech sessions....it was a parking lot car show along a public highway....not a 50 acre private estate with wine tasting....etc etc. Look, I understand what you did and didn't want to get into a debate about it, I just voiced my opinion, that's all. I think it's awesome that you rented a kart track and everything else you guys organized.....also sure it was worth every penny and more to those who were able to attend entire event. I am just saying it would have been nice to have been able to walk through the parking lot for an hour or two and enjoy the cars and old friends and those we've chatted with here on prime without getting judged by a few. In closing, I knew where it was at, it wasn't far from me, but I respected the wishes of the organizers and stayed home.

I can't believe there are those in this thread that believe we are unfriendly. Just pay the damn registration fee once and join us one of these NSXPO weekends and you may just be pleasantly surprised how friendly we are.

Does it always have to be about the money??? :confused:

its not about the money, its the fact the non nsxca memebers dont understand that theres a difference of being forum friends and a nsxpo event thats all.....

its not about the money, its the fact the non nsxca memebers dont understand that theres a difference of being forum friends and a nsxpo event thats all.....

prime.png

HELLO?

I can't believe there are those in this thread that believe we are unfriendly. Just pay the damn registration fee once and join us one of these NSXPO weekends and you may just be pleasantly surprised how friendly we are.

Does it always have to be about the money??? :confused:
Its just an opinion to say some nsx owners are unfriendly, which was based on my experience. On the money side, yeah its cheap to join but its a gamble to try and be part of something that when I, or others could possibly be unwelcomed. Since you all know each other already its easy for you to say that the group welcoming.... Hope that shines a light on the point i was trying to make.

I looked at the pictures from the event looked like you guys and gals had fun which is all that matters. Nothing we outsiders say should matter.

Last edited:
but its a gamble to try and be part of something that when I, or others could possibly be unwelcomed. Since you all know each other already its easy for you to say that the group welcoming....r.

I can understand that. I felt that same way, as many of us do, whenever going to any gathering where you are the "new guy". Sometimes you need to take the chance and try it on to see if it fits.

In 2001 I had owned my nsx for two years. I had never even seen another one on the road during those two years despite my 12k year average mileage on the nsx and 45k mileage per year total on all my cars. I got a brochure in the mail from American Honda for something called nsxpo 2001. Back then they mailed the brochures for the club. I didnt know there was a club and was not familiar with prime. I joined both and posted noob questions that these days most likely would result in the standard "do a search" reply.

I registered for this thing called nsxpo, packed my bags and got in the nsx to drive there. Alone. Without knowing anyone in the club. All the way to Wisconsin. And I was going to drive on the track for the first time at road America.

This weekend was my 11th consecutive nsxpo. My 8th as an officer of the NSXCA. Monday was my 90th track day in my nsx.

I have those notches on my belt because of the people I met in 2001 who are now my closest friends. These same friends made through the NSXCA also have been there for me when I needed just a shoulder or someone to be around.

In 2005 my dad died after a three year battle with various illnesses. At his funeral there were 14 members of my family in attendance. There were 19 members of my nsx family in the church that morning.

It was Christmas eve.

I took a chance and paid forty bucks. I think I underpaid.

Last edited:
Eventhough it was in 2005, sorry to hear about your dad. Similar to your story, i have met a lot of, come to think of it most of the people i know now through my cars. And a lot of those people treat me like family now. The difference is that none of them have nsx's. I don't know if i will ever join the club but looks like you guys put on a nice event.

I've always gotten a toy on a lease, when the lease was up on the NSX, I extended it by 6 months, when that was up, I bought it off of the lease. Between my love of the car, and the people I met through the car, both my wife and I have made some incredible friends, joining the NSXCA just allows us more time together. The River Run is a "significant Other" friendly event, along with NSXPO, the Holiday Dinner, etc. These allow me time with the car, and like minded people that run the spectrum from the very "well off", to those that are struggling to hold on to what they have, and the car while just a car, is more than that, and while I'm sure if needed, they'd let it go (reluctantly), it's become a part of who they are. It's a special car, and attracts some very special people. We were all new to the group at one time, take a chance, you'll be surprised!!!

I joined NSX Prime in 2005 when I lived in Virginia. I did very little posting for the first 4 years. Bought my first NSX in 2005, kept it until 2010 then replaced it with another. Joined NSXCA in 2009 and went to Toronto NSXPO. Best $40 bucks I ever spent. That was only 2 years ago and these folks have treated me and my wife like we've been there since 1991. I am writing this from London today where I am practically tripping over Ferrari's & Aston's on the street here but already miss my NSX and great friends back in the states.

TRY IT ........... You'll like it! :biggrin:

I joined the NSXCA in 2003 missed out on NSXPO in California that year but attended NSXPO in Watkins Glen in 2004. I was new and NSXPO was my first club event that I was able to attend. To say I have made many new friends through the club is an understatement. I have become so passionate about this group and my NSX that this year I co-chaired NSXPO 2011 and brought the event back to the Northeast. To say anyone is not welcome and that we are not friendly is just wrong. I have found that everyone at every event I have attended is not only welcoming but many have become extended family. Join the club, attend an event or two and find out what we're really all about. We all share a love of the NSX, good friends, great stories and just plain fun :smile: No one is left out unless they just want to be left alone. When we get together the questions flow and the answers each have a story attached. "what made you decide on that exhaust" well when I heard .........
Come to the next event share time with other members and enjoy the benefits that NSXCA membership provides to it's members.
I think anyone who missed this years NSXPO really did miss out on a great event and fun time. We had great food, friends, drives and for those that were new to the NSXCA I don't think any of them would say they didnt have a great time or felt unwelcome and even though the weather wasnt perfect, everyone still had fun :biggrin:

Last edited:
Well, this (NSXPO2011) was my first event, and I didn't know anyone there. I was concerned that I would not fit in. Nothing could be further from the truth! I made many friends and there wasn't a moment when I felt left out or unable to fit in. Alan, Carla and Rob did a fantastic job! I just can't imagine a friendlier group of people. I'm looking forward to NSXPO 2012. See you there?

Gary

Back