• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPrime Marketplace Opinions/Thoughts

NSXPrime Marketplace Opinions/Thoughts

• Total voters
This thread is not a COMPLAIN or my intention to revolt against Lud or anyone (I know some might dislike me for this or already have). This poll is merely used to anwer some of the questions many may have about Market Place posting situation.
So just vote on what you think reasonable (NOT what you want your way)
Take some considerations when voicing your opinions. After all this site is for EVERYONE to enjoy. This poll will not guaranteed you anything but it's nice to see your opinions counted.

1) Leave as is.
2) Leave as is but more moderators needed.
3) Post freely like Craigslist's method (Then mods can flag inappropriate threads).

Lets see what's everyone thinks!

Marketplace really have to change....

i think the better way is that the MOD should be done after the posting, not before.

Previously whenever the subject came up, the main reason against any change that appeared is that "Site is Free, shut up and use it as is"...

Free or not, if there is margin to improve, use it....

... and i'm not directly affected, because i've been using Vendors mainly...just because there is no point using parts forum, because with the waiting period, most parts are already sold when the thread appear...

well... just my opinion... excuse me for anything guys!!!

We think alike:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97020&highlight=craigslist

I've heard/read a few people comment about the delay in posting ads for sale. I just had an idea. How about removing the restriction and maybe adding a "flag this post" for items/people who do not follow instructions? Kinda like Craigslist.

I think we have enough regulars and veterans that surf NSX Prime to keep the forums tidy.

Just a thought, this would be less effort for Admin/Moderators, as they would only have to review items that have been "flagged" instead of every post. :smile:

Just a thought. Not that I'm complaining.
:wink:

I don't even bother trying to post anything for sale anymore due to the length of time it takes.
One of these days I'll just gather a list of items I want to get rid of and post them all at once. That way I don't have a ton of listings out there waiting for approval.
Everything else about Prime is about as good as it can get.
I agree with the above quote also.

I would love to see it change. I am an admin on another car forum with 7000+ members, and we have very few problems at all. We set guidelines in a sticky note at the top, and (out of the tons of new posts) have less than one per day that don't meet the criteria.

See for yourself......
http://www.racingsouthwest.com/forums/showforum57.htm

Sadly, it's the worst online auto classifieds on the internet.:frown:

Craigslist is essentially user moderated. I would like to have user voting -- like digg or reddit, but we don't.

It would also be nice to view posts within threads sorted on votes/views rather than mere timing

I don't see why posting to sellers/buyers has been eliminated too. It allowed warnings, questions and additional items to be listed (by anybody).

Until then: I don't see the problem with waiting days or a week for postings to appears. Big deal.

A lot of damage can be done before a classified post is removed: until we have user voting; leave it alone.

Drew

I visit the forsale section every day looking for things, and have no problems.
I'm cool either way.

I could be wrong, but the only problems I see if we want to open it up is people bumping things too often, and spammers making posts.

These could be solved with:
- A rule that you can only bump your item once a day(or not at all). Other people can bump it if they want to.
- You have to have 20 posts and be a member for 20 days(or something to that effect) before you can make a post in that section.

I think for sale thread is very very nicely setup right now.

personally i HAVE HAD TO WAIT 1 week for somethings to post but its kinda nice knowing that every post has the mods going through and making sure its legit.

the currently system cuts down on spam posting, bumping and all kinda of other silly business.

i do mind the wait sometimes but hey whats the hurry? i would suggest that we get a few more mods so the current ones have a little more breather room and also the forsale section is more responsive.

so far i believe the for sale section works great!

i dont mind putting in some time and looking through the for sale theads if anyone needs a hand

happy motoring

Rob:smile:

I think for sale thread is very very nicely setup right now.

personally i HAVE HAD TO WAIT 1 week for somethings to post but its kinda nice knowing that every post has the mods going through and making sure its legit.

the currently system cuts down on spam posting, bumping and all kinda of other silly business.

i do mind the wait sometimes but hey whats the hurry? i would suggest that we get a few more mods so the current ones have a little more breather room and also the forsale section is more responsive.

so far i believe the for sale section works great!

i dont mind putting in some time and looking through the for sale theads if anyone needs a hand

happy motoring

Rob:smile:

That's the thing, you can't volunteer yourself to help out. Because that's not TOTAL control... Many people have volunteered to help out but NO, 1 person is enough.

I often find that I PM people that have already sold items because the updates take to long. That is what makes me really :mad: .

The User that created the thread should have ability at any time to go back and make updates, add pictures, clarifications etc. Easily something could be left out and then it takes a few days to get it updated and by then there are 20 pm's in your inbox that could be all avoided.

the expression "s/he who writes the agenda sets the agenda." applies here. there's an important option omitted: pay for placement.

perhaps those who want to have a marketplace ad placed immediately will send lud a donation with their "for sale" submission. perhaps a donation along these lines will work:

$500 - w/in 24 hrs of your providing complete and accurate info.

$250 - w/in 48 hrs of your providing complete and accurate info.

$100 - w/in 72 hrs of your providing complete and accurate info.

free - ad posted after mods review submitted ad, email / pm submitting member asking for missing information, wait for the (sometimes incomplete) response and clarify final details.

I think the best way is to leave as it is but add another moderator(s). I'm sure there are volunteers out there with extra time to spare. :smile:

Last edited:
the expression "s/he who writes the agenda sets the agenda." applies here. there's an important option omitted: pay for placement.

perhaps those who want to have a marketplace ad placed immediately will send lud a donation with their "for sale" submission. perhaps a donation along these lines will work:

$500 - w/in 24 hrs of your providing complete and accurate info.

$250 - w/in 48 hrs of your providing complete and accurate info.

$100 - w/in 72 hrs of your providing complete and accurate info.

free - ad posted after mods review submitted ad, email / pm submitting member asking for missing information, wait for the (sometimes incomplete) response and clarify final details.

Maybe you didn't read all the post about people don't mind having the moderator proof read the post. It's the amount of time for the thread to get approved. So to be clear for you (TOO many threads and 1 person doing the work) GET IT? *sigh*

for other sites (like s2ki, ebay, diecast.org) you have to pay money to sell your items.. Here you don't have to pay anything to sell anything. this being the case i find it very insulting to complaint or say the process doesn't work for you. the people moderating the site and the fs sectio are donating there time. if you want the process to speed up, why not ask to become a moderator and donate your time. if you don't like the process, pay your money and sell it on ebay.

I can understand the frustration re: the delay. However, as a person who intends to buy an NSX in the future I like the integrity found in prime's classifieds even if the price is time. I also love that each ad has vital information in it or it doesn't go up. Try getting that on autotrader, ebay, etc...

If a change is made to more of a free-for-all format, I would hope that it is applied only to the "parts" section.

Free postings like Craigslist makes things go CRAZY. I don't recommend it, even with moderators and flagging.

This is speaking from my experience from other car forums.
Users can sign up and scam people, and when legal processes start, it's out of the forums hands and such.

It might also be the community itself though.

Users can sign up and scam people, and when legal processes start, it's out of the forums hands and such.

There has already been people posting spam. We moderate the sales section, so spammers post in other sections of NSX Prime.

And any scam, the forum is not responsible. Who would actually blame NSX Prime?

I often find that I PM people that have already sold items because the updates take to long. That is what makes me really :mad: .

The User that created the thread should have ability at any time to go back and make updates, add pictures, clarifications etc. Easily something could be left out and then it takes a few days to get it updated and by then there are 20 pm's in your inbox that could be all avoided.
Well said.

edit...

The User that created the thread should have ability at any time to go back and make updates, add pictures, clarifications etc. Easily something could be left out and then it takes a few days to get it updated...
I'm not sure that I follow you on this...(?)

Someone who posts a thread in the marketplace forum wishes to change/alter the content of their thread, they simply can edit the original post.

There is this option, have you not seen this cute lil' button before:
edit.gif

{after a few months, the ability to edit the original post is no longer possible... therefore a new post can be made to reflect any changes}

It's not even worth our time posting this thread. Lud has already been looking into improving the Marketplace. Complaining about it or making suggestions at this point will not make it happen any faster. I'm sure he has more than enough suggestions to improve the Marketplace than he would like.

From previous posts from the Moderators, it appears that the changes will happen when they happen.

Maybe you didn't read all the post about people don't mind having the moderator proof read the post. It's the amount of time for the thread to get approved. So to be clear for you (TOO many threads and 1 person doing the work) GET IT? *sigh*
right, so what i'm saying is if you want to expedite the process / move to the head of the line, pay for that to happen.

g-e-t i-t? :rolleyes:

Like people have already mentioned, this has come up before and Lud's position stands.
Whether we like it or not, this is the way it will go.

Having said that, I would like to volunteer to help out John (Anytime) or anyone else in helping moderate the for sale forum. :biggrin:

Back