• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXs at WGI Trackmasters (pre-NSXPO) event ??

I was planning on going up there right before NSXPO with Trackmasters, but due to very unfortunate circumstances I won't be able to go to the track event or NSXPO :(:(

jadkar said:
I was planning on going up there right before NSXPO with Trackmasters, but due to very unfortunate circumstances I won't be able to go to the track event or NSXPO :(:(

John, pray tell what would ever keep you and Karen away from NSXPO, I hope everything is OK, it won't be the same without the two of you!!!

I still say that since you came to NSXPO 2003 without Karen last year she should come this year without you. Who the hell cares about work anyway. Like I said yesterday, tell your bosses if they don't give you the time off I will buy the company and fire everyone involved in this heinous decision to chain you to your desk.

Well, I was gonna start a separate thread but what the hell......

Like Bob said, it's my job that's keeping me from going. I have been put in charge of an extremely high visibility, high risk project that has a November 1st deadline. If anyone knows my field they know that all large projects involve ALL weekend & night work, and basically in October nobody will be hearing from me at all. I will be buried in our datacenter for most of September and all of October praying that this goes over well, or it will be my ass, literally. In the Server Technology business, especially the financial sector you either get rewarded or fired!!

So as messed up as it is, it doesn't seem like I will be able to attend. It really sucks bad because I love WGI and Karen hasn't been to an NSXPO yet.

Also, sorry Bob, I already passed the idea of Karen going with Eileen without me. She said, "No way, I know how much it means to you and it would kill me to go with the car and leave you at home"

I'm keeping my hotel reservation for a while just in case something comes up, but basically unless I loose my job before then it doesn't look good:(:(

DONYMO said:
From Atlanta, myself, Mark and Maria Hicks, and Jeff Albertine will be at the Thursday school.

Confirmed. I believe Wei-Shen will also be participating in the Thursday track day. Looks like Trackmasters will be accomodating a session of advanced NSX drivers, outside of their normal school format, as a result of the demand we've created... sounds like at least 9 of us wishing to get in an orientation day at the Glen prior to NSXPO. Ken, are you saying you're in as well?

jadkar said:
Well, I was gonna start a separate thread but what the hell......

Like Bob said, it's my job that's keeping me from going. I have been put in charge of an extremely high visibility, high risk project that has a November 1st deadline. If anyone knows my field they know that all large projects involve ALL weekend & night work, and basically in October nobody will be hearing from me at all. I will be buried in our datacenter for most of September and all of October praying that this goes over well, or it will be my ass, literally. In the Server Technology business, especially the financial sector you either get rewarded or fired!!

So as messed up as it is, it doesn't seem like I will be able to attend. It really sucks bad because I love WGI and Karen hasn't been to an NSXPO yet.

Also, sorry Bob, I already passed the idea of Karen going with Eileen without me. She said, "No way, I know how much it means to you and it would kill me to go with the car and leave you at home"

I'm keeping my hotel reservation for a while just in case something comes up, but basically unless I loose my job before then it doesn't look good:(:(

Unfortunately, I know the financial sector real well, and I feel badly that the two of you will miss NSXPO, I'd offer to let Karen ride with me, but after the last time I went to the Glenn, Bob was hired by my wife and it cost me dearly. I don't think I could afford having Karen ride with me!!! I'm sure that Bob will take plenty of pictures (although his lens will miss Karen's eye) for you to drool over. Good luck on the project-regards-R :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I'll be there in spirit! :) I am "inbetween" NSXes, but maintained my membership Mon!

window.jpg

At least it's on a HONDA!

rear.jpg

It's my business vehicle!

vanside.jpg

I'll be back in the saddle in a year or so.

BTW it HURTS to see one on the street when you don't have one anymore! AARRRGGGHHH!

Rich you need only talk to one of the attendees of the trackmasters event and get on thier guest list.Your name will be on a sheet at the gate,sign the waiver and you are in.You might even be able to ride as a passenger!

docjohn said:
Rich you need only talk to one of the attendees of the trackmasters event and get on thier guest list.Your name will be on a sheet at the gate,sign the waiver and you are in.You might even be able to ride as a passenger!

I can attest, if you do get on DocJohn's guest list and he offers to take you for a ride, go for it!!!

another WGI pre-NSXPO tune-up event... 9/27-28

NASA Northeast is hosting a two-day event at Watkins Glen, NY on September 27th and 28th. All you need is a car, a helmet and the desire to drive like never before. If you have never been on a track before, classroom and in-car instruction is provided. If you've been on other tracks, Watkins Glen is the ultimate experience in the northeast!

For pricing and registration go to: https://www.nasaproracing.com/nasa_event/show/?event_id=122

RPM217 said:
I can attest, if you do get on DocJohn's guest list and he offers to take you for a ride, go for it!!!

It was much more scary with Pete because I was not expecting him to push the car as hard as he did. I was able to talk again after the first lap when my breathing returned to normal.The first words out of my mouth were....IMMMMAMAMAMAA SCARED.

Acura NsX Pilot said:
It was much more scary with Pete because I was not expecting him to push the car as hard as he did. I was able to talk again after the first lap when my breathing returned to normal.The first words out of my mouth were....IMMMMAMAMAMAA SCARED.

I guess that means that you went with Pete because you knew that Doc would push the car and you thought that Pete wouldn't??????? CHICKEN!!!!!!!! It was a great ride, I think I had an ear to ear grin when I got out of the "Bee" :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hey Bailey:
If you were scared and I was scared, who the hell was driving?

QUOTE=Acura NsX Pilot]It was much more scary with Pete because I was not expecting him to push the car as hard as he did. I was able to talk again after the first lap when my breathing returned to normal.The first words out of my mouth were....IMMMMAMAMAMAA SCARED.[/QUOTE]

Peter Mills said:
Hey Bailey:
If you were scared and I was scared, who the hell was driving?

Didn't I warn you guys about "senior moments"? Now he can't even remember driving the damn car.

Be afraid.................be very afraid.

I rode with almost everyone that day except Mark and Bob. I was extremely impressed with there driving skill and now I would like to learn to drive like that also.

Back