• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXs Owned By the Rich and Famous

The other day, while discussing NSXs with a friend, he asked me the following: "Are there any famous people out there who own NSXs?"

I didn't have much of an answer for him. There's an NSX on e-bay supposedly owned by Marla Maples Trump and one supposedly owned by Alice Cooper.

A friend of mine in LA said he saw Robert Redford driving around in an NSX awhile ago.

Can anyone verify these owners and help create a list of R & F Acura NSX owners? Thanks.

Larry T.

A few years back, I was sitting in the Apple cafeteria having lunch with some friends and another group of people sat down at the same table. I didn't really pay attention to them, but as they were leaving one of my coworkers says "Hey did you notice, that was Steve Wozniak". It turns out he was sitting right beside me, and I had no idea! He's a HUGE NSX freak, owning several of them, and if I had known I would have at least start some small talk from that angle! I'm a big fan of his, so I was really kicking myself afterwards for not noticing! The NSX would have been a perfect ice-breaker! :eek:

NSX&RX7 said:
The other day, while discussing NSXs with a friend, he asked me the following: "Are there any famous people out there who own NSXs?"

I didn't have much of an answer for him. There's an NSX on e-bay supposedly owned by Marla Maples Trump and one supposedly owned by Alice Cooper.

A friend of mine in LA said he saw Robert Redford driving around in an NSX awhile ago.

Can anyone verify these owners and help create a list of R & F Acura NSX owners? Thanks.

Larry T.

If Robert Redford's NSX was black, it's mine now... I bought his old 96 NSX-T...

Rowan Atkinson (BlackAdder, Mr Bean) also had one. He recently sold it at my local dealer.

Also, most if not all of the UK ones, have been given the car from Honda UK. Honda F1, as well as winning touring car drivers get one (on loan). Honda made Jenson Button sell his Ferrari when he started driving for BAR.

Joe Rogan (from Fear Factor) had one. I believe it was Kaiser Silver (maybe Silverstone..hard to tell by pics). He got wheels for it at Darkside Motors in Chatworth Cali and his car was amongst the sample pics. He sold it to get a Porsche 911 TT.

FYI

There was an 01 on sale in the autoweek classified a few months back,anyone know about the car ? It was stated to be celebrity owned.

Sean Elliott, former NBA player. At 6'-8" what was he thinking?!

Oh, I have heard a guy named Winston Wolf still owns one. :biggrin:

Tank said:
I worked with the now late James Coburn a several years ago and he arrived in his NSX. So, Our Man Flint drove one.
That's not a surprise, since he narrated the terrific six-minute video that Acura used for marketing the NSX when it was first introduced. I believe this is the one labeled "1991 NSX introduction video from Acura" here. I wonder if he received the car as part of his compensation for the narration?

but then why does Button drive a Porsche right now? Is it b/c Porsche doesnt race F1?

I've been told that my 93, #514, Black on Black was originally purchased by a player on the Atlanta Falcons. I have no idea if this is true, nor any idea of who it might have been, but I do know that the car did come from Atlanta.

spyderman33 said:
If Robert Redford's NSX was black, it's mine now... I bought his old 96 NSX-T...

I believe Redford's was one of the five 98-T black/tan made and was residing in Concord Acura's dealership in California after he sold/traded it. He kept in the Napa area from what I was told by the new owner whom I met at one of our club functions 2 years ago. But then, I might be wrong.

98-T Blak/Tan :biggrin:

As far as the black NSX that came from Atlanta, and was owned by someone who played with the Atlanta Falcons...............that sounds like it could very well be DEION SANDERS. I know for sure he had a BLACK NSX, lived in Atlanta, and played for the Falcons. The year sounds right, too.

Well, well. I note in the FAQs Deion Sanders is listed as having owned two (2) Black NSXs. He is listed there as playing for some other team, that's why I missed it when I looked earlier. (I'm an opera fan, not an NFL fan)

I wonder if it is worth following up and seeing if this was the car. It originally had he factory wheels, but they were chromed, and it has both the car phone (since removed and in a box in my basement) and the remote locking -- both dealer installed options.

There are odd connections in life

Back