• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NT555 Front/ NT01 rear for track, will understeer be massive?

Hi folks,

I'm a newbie for NSX,

There is a track day (winter session) up in WA coming up that I wasn't planning to attend until yesterday, but then I am coming across problems with tires and suspension settings.

I have a set of Comptech Pro coilovers to install tonight, and will bring it to alignment tomorrow, what kind of cambers/toe would the pros suggest me to run?

Also I have another problem is that since it wasn't planned, I only have a set of NT01 275/35/18 rear to use, and I am running NT555's 225/40/17 in front. (which means no NT01's for front)

(Or in the other case, my friend has a set of NT01's that I can borrow for his widebody NSX that I'm not sure if it'll clear for my car, what's the max size that will clear for stock body NSX?)

Would that give me massive understeer that would be bad enough to stop me from going to the track day? or would you say I can still run with care?

Thanks for helping out guys!
George

Last edited:
Go have fun ,understeer is easy to control may not be super fun but you'll get used to it, most turns with a brake zone will help you modulate front grip,fast sweepers,you'll need to gradualy increase your speed to find that push.Most times I just recomend the oem 91 alignment it is pretty agressive.

Yea, the NT-01's are going to push the 555's, but it will be fun and you can practice throttle steering :)

It's always better to run the same tire front and rear.
I ran 235x35x18 and 285x35x18 on a stock bodied car and never had any problems. Lost a little turning radius, but no big deal.

Back