• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nuclear Test

and its consequences. Who's ready for this?

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vIu85WQTPRc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Call me old fashioned, but I loved the old Godzilla. The late 60's 70's Godzilla that was a defender of people against other monsters. I also liked the look of that Godzilla, not so Dinosaur-ish; it had more of a personality. Although this does look intriguing

Call me old fashioned, but I loved the old Godzilla. The late 60's 70's Godzilla that was a defender of people against other monsters. I also liked the look of that Godzilla, not so Dinosaur-ish; it had more of a personality. Although this does look intriguing

Well if you were really old fashioned, you would know that Godzilla started off as an antagonist, THAT'S the original Godzilla.

Let's not mention that poor excuse of a "film" from 1998 please. This trailer alone is already way better.
I think we'll see Godzilla start off as an antagonist and then switch roles to fight off the M.U.T.O. creatures. Word is there will be at least 2 other monsters in this movie.

Well if you were really old fashioned, you would know that Godzilla started off as an antagonist, THAT'S the original Godzilla.

Didn't want to show my age! LOL Going all the way back to the black and white Godzilla vs King Kong! Hopefully this will be much better than previous attempts!

What's next.......Rodan?

I'm probably wrong, but at the beginning of the trailer, you see some origami hanging by the window. A sign perhaps of Rodan?? There's also a flying monster in the trailer that could be Rodan, but then again could be a different monster.

ahhh so now the spin is that the pacific nucs tests back in the day were in an attempt to kill a monster.Is this going to be a kinda pacific rim clone?

ahhh so now the spin is that the pacific nucs tests back in the day were in an attempt to kill a monster.Is this going to be a kinda pacific rim clone?

How are you gonna call Godzilla a clone of Pacific Rim?? Godzilla has been around since 1954.
As for the Pacific nuke tests back in the day, it does appear that was the purpose of those "tests", but we also know that nuclear testing is what originally awoke Godzilla.

Normally sci-fi isn't my genre, but this does look like something I'll be genuinely interested to see. Looks like it is well done and the trailer is by far better than the 1998 rendition of the entire movie.

How are you gonna call Godzilla a clone of Pacific Rim?? Godzilla has been around since 1954.
As for the Pacific nuke tests back in the day, it does appear that was the purpose of those "tests", but we also know that nuclear testing is what originally awoke Godzilla.

without seeing the new movie yet I hope they don't try to mimic the other dimension/extraterrestrial origin explanation of pacific rim and I hope they don't have giant robot suits to combat the G.

Didn't want to show my age! LOL Going all the way back to the black and white Godzilla vs King Kong! Hopefully this will be much better than previous attempts!
As a minor clarification, King Kong vs. Godzilla was actually not in B&W, and was the first color Godzilla (and King Kong) movie. Maybe you're not showing your age after all. :p

yes the original predates by many years the plethora of G vs whatever.

without seeing the new movie yet I hope they don't try to mimic the other dimension/extraterrestrial origin explanation of pacific rim and I hope they don't have giant robot suits to combat the G.

You should rewatch the trailer, it is clearly stated that Godzilla was awakened in 1954. Now as for M.U.T.O monsters, who knows, BUT, extraterrestrial origins for some monsters have been used in the Godzilla universe before.
Doc, it almost sounds like you want this Godzilla to fail, you sound like a negative Nancy.

No not at all....I am still a fan of most of the Japanese monster movies...I will see this one and just hope it is a more engaging version than the last remake.The biggest difference I think for those of us who grew up on the guys in suits and miniature cities/armies is the CG .If not done just right the monsters come off as very sterile.jmho....

As a minor clarification, King Kong vs. Godzilla was actually not in B&W, and was the first color Godzilla (and King Kong) movie. Maybe you're not showing your age after all. :p

LOL, maybe I am showing my age by being so confused! :biggrin:

Best.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9uuIVn5cq5U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Z-AXQs9y3BA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ok I have not seen this movie. I'll be netflixing it this weekend.
Best.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9uuIVn5cq5U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Z-AXQs9y3BA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Best.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9uuIVn5cq5U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Z-AXQs9y3BA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Bobcat! LOL. classic!

Since Hollywood is intent on making what I call retro Japanese movies like Godzilla, Speed Racer... etc. I can't wait for Ultra Man and Mothra to make an appearance. Yes I'm old enough to have watched these as a kid.

gotta give it up for jet jaguar

I always found Jet Jaguar and Ultraman kinda dumb looking.

They were...but then so was I:smile:

Back