• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NW Leather Group Buy #3

This is a thread to start another group buy for Leather interiors from http://www.nwautoleather.com/
Judging from the prior group buys, everyone has been very happy with their products.

Start Date: Oct 25th,2004
Close Date: Nov 22nd,2004

1-4 $795
5-10 $750 ****** Lowered price for 5-10 to $720.00*****
11-15 $695
Includes: Two tone, Colored Stitching, black door panels.

Embroidery: $25/pair
Perforation: $35
Preferred Suede: $35
Door Panels: $50 for matching vinyl
Leather Door Panels: $150
Shift Boot: $35
Console/ Arm Rest Cover: $50
Embroidery On Console Cover: $20

If all who are interested could please foreward their address today and Nancy will have samples of this Infiniti leather sent out so all of you know exactly what you are getting.

If any of you have any questions at all regarding this group buy, please do not hesitate to email Nancy directly or post!
[email protected]

Anyone wanting to order early let Nancy know!!!

It would also be nice if we could get a few people who have already installed their interiors to post pictures/ comments.

SO FAR:
Edgemts- IN 1
Bkknsx- IN 2
Icefire- IN 3
Matt Shover- IN 4
Kvonco- IN 5
Andyray1983 IN 6
Tnighman IN 7
InFlight IN 8
01Blacks4 IN 9
NJNSX IN 10
XXXX :) IN 11

Last edited:
Here are some pics for you!!!

nsx-01.jpg
nsx-03.jpg

nsx-05.jpg

Homer,

Nice photos. However I did notice some wrinkles in seat bolster and back areas. Is this an installation issue that can be easily corrected by a more experienced installer?

10822nsx-01-thumb.jpg
10822nsx-05-thumb.jpg

Yes, It can be fixed. I have some pics in my folder that these wrinkles do not show up. Just can't post right now. Because they are not the proper format.

icefire said:
Homer,

Nice photos. However I did notice some wrinkles in seat bolster and back areas. Is this an installation issue that can be easily corrected by a more experienced installer?

10822nsx-01-thumb.jpg
10822nsx-05-thumb.jpg
Hey ice,
I can assure you that they fixed that issue. My set is perfect. I am waiting until I have my stereo and center console put back in the next couple days and I will take pictures of my interior. Mine is very similar to the red and black in the pictures above. Also very important after all of you receive your kits, MAKE SURE YOU GO TO A GOOD INSTALLER!!! They will know how to handle any bunching of leather if it comes up. Do your homework around town where you live. With all automotive care, I don't care if it's body, engine, interior, suspension, or brake work, you definitely get what you pay for. Please do not pay over $800 for some high quality pieces only to have someone screw it up so you can save $50-$100. Suck it up and pay to have it done right. I had mine installed by a local guy here who does all the repair and replacement interiors for the Acura, Mercedes, and Lexus dealers. He installed my seat leathers, door panels, shift boot, center compartment cover for $300 even and there are no wrinkles anywhere. He himself was extremely impressed with Northwest's kit. Hope that helps everyone.
Good luck all.
--Chris

CRCsNSXr,

Thanks for the info. In you opinion do you think the kit is something that we can install ourselves? I really enjoy hands-on and was wondering if this is something that I could take on ;) ? Or am I gonna bit on more than I could swallow?

BTW since your kit is the red/black combo, like the photo, is your NSX red? Could you take a picture of your car showing both the car and the seats? I just want to see the effect that the red bolsters and mid seat back have on the overall image of the car.

Thanks,

icefire said:
CRCsNSXr,

Thanks for the info. In you opinion do you think the kit is something that we can install ourselves? I really enjoy hands-on and was wondering if this is something that I could take on ;) ? Or am I gonna bit on more than I could swallow?

BTW since your kit is the red/black combo, like the photo, is your NSX red? Could you take a picture of your car showing both the car and the seats? I just want to see the effect that the red bolsters and mid seat back have on the overall image of the car.

Thanks,
Icefire,
Unless you have experience installing leather I would definitely leave it to someone who knows what they are doing. I am a DIY guy myself but this just didn't fly with me.
My NSX is GP White. There are a couple differences in my kit from the pictures above. My seats have perferated leather in the center inserts of the bottom cushion and the back cushion and my entire seats are black with red stitching. I didn't want that much red. Also, my center compartment cover is done in black with the NSX logo embroidered on it (same as the headrests) immediately behind the VTEC plate, and my shift boot is black with red stitching. My doors, however, look exactly the same as the pictures above. I am a fan of white cars with red and black interiors, ever since I saw the '00-'01 S2000's with that color combo I have liked it and as soon as this group buy came out I knew that is what I wanted to do with my NSX. Since I have had everything removed from the car's interior for this, I have sanded and painted the trim pieces of the car in brushed aluminum. I have painted the center console, center climate control cover, and the door armrest trim. I really like how it all came out. Hope that helps.
--Chris

CRCsNSXr said:
Since I have had everything removed from the car's interior for this, I have sanded and painted the trim pieces of the car in brushed aluminum. I have painted the center console, center climate control cover, and the door armrest trim. I really like how it all came out. Hope that helps.
--Chris

Chris,

I do plan to refinish my center console as well. What kind of paint did you use? There was a thread sometime back that a fellow prime member repaint his center console using some of-the-shelf spary paint. Although the finish looked great but the paint did not withstand heat well. How about your paint?

icefire said:
Chris,

I do plan to refinish my center console as well. What kind of paint did you use? There was a thread sometime back that a fellow prime member repaint his center console using some of-the-shelf spary paint. Although the finish looked great but the paint did not withstand heat well. How about your paint?
I used Rustoleum plastic primer first and then used Rusoleum Bright-Coat Metallic Finish. There are two metallic finishes, one that is a chrome look and one that is a brushed look like I have. I bought some 220 grit and 400 grit sand paper and went to work. Cost me about $10 total. I had them done in about an hour. Let the paint dry for a day and installed everything.

I'm assuming $795 is the price for 2 color tone leather seats? Since I'm on a budget, do you know what the price quote is on just black mono-tone leather seats? If you could provide a price list of the other leather replacement sections (shift boot, door panel, center, etc.) it would be helpful.

So far we have five (5) for the group buy. So the price now is $750. We can use six more to hit that $695 magic number. Add your name to the list if interested. We've got till 11/24.

Interest List:

1) edgemts
2) bkknsx
3) icefire
4) matt shover
5) kvonco
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)

Copy and add you name to the list.

For Icefire and others that want to see pictures of my interior that I got from the last group buy, I have some pictures now as I have finally got everything put back in the car. BUT..., I cannot figure out how to post them on this thread because I am relatively new to prime. If anyone could give me details on how to post them here I will gladly show you guys the quality of Northwest Autoleather's product. If there is something simple I am missing as to how to post pictures here, feel free to point that out to me and call me an idiot :D . Thanks in advance for the help.
--Chris

CRCsNSXr said:
For Icefire and others that want to see pictures of my interior that I got from the last group buy, I have some pictures now as I have finally got everything put back in the car. BUT..., I cannot figure out how to post them on this thread because I am relatively new to prime. If anyone could give me details on how to post them here I will gladly show you guys the quality of Northwest Autoleather's product. If there is something simple I am missing as to how to post pictures here, feel free to point that out to me and call me an idiot :D . Thanks in advance for the help.
--Chris

Chris,

Click on (or just click here) Click Here to Upload Photo in the main forum section and then select "upload photo". That's it.

Jerry

Hey guys,
I have posted 3 pictures of my interior in my photo gallery. It was a little dark when I took them and I want take a few more, but I wanted to upload these. I still haven't figured out how to post them in a thread yet, but they can be seen in my gallery for everyone to see. What I got in the last group buy was the following: black leather seat covers with perforated bottom center cover and back center cover and red stitching, embroidered RED NSX logo outlined in silver on headrests, red leather door panel inserts and armrests, black leather center compartment cover with embroidered RED NSX logo outlined in silver, and black leather shift boot with red stitching. Kim at Northwest Autoleather was great with working out the details on what I wanted and everything came out perfect. I am more than pleased with my product. I will take some more pictures in the next couple days. Also for those wondering, my NSX is Grand Prix White. Hope that helps.
--Chris

PS--Any hints on how to post pics in a thread??

We are getting there. Just four more!

1) edgemts
2) bkknsx
3) icefire
4) matt shover
5) kvonco
6) andyray1983
7) tnighman
8)
9)
10)
11)

Homer,

Sent you an e-mail with address of sending leather sample. Never heard back from you. Did you get my e-mail?

Back