• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NY Times : Bolt Is First to Repeat as Winner of 100 and 200 Meters

Now that's top end !!!

20120810_BOLT-HTML-slide-E98Y-slide.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/10/sports/olympics/olympic-mens-200-meters-bolt-and-blake.html

¶ With the crowd and the wider world bracing for something extraordinary from Bolt in an hour or so, Rudisha had beaten him to it, but Bolt did not fade quietly into the night.

¶ After looking vulnerable in the Jamaican trials, losing both sprints to Yohan Blake, Bolt has looked much more familiar here. He defended his Olympic title by beating Blake in the 100-meter dash on Sunday, and on Thursday he did the same in the 200, emerging from the bend with a 4-meter lead and then losing some ground to Blake in the next 80 meters but never losing control of the race.

¶ Bolt won while slowing in his final four strides in a time of 19.32 seconds, and he crossed the line with his head turned to keep a firm gaze on Blake. He won it with an index finger pressed to his lips.

¶ “For me, that was for all the doubters,” Bolt said. “That was for all the people that were saying I wasn’t going to win, that I wasn’t going to make myself a legend; that was just for them to say: ‘You can stop talking now. I’m a living legend.’

The guy is amazing but I just don't understand why you would slow down at the end of a 200 meter race. why not finish at full speed. Its not like he ran a marathon!

The guy is amazing but I just don't understand why you would slow down at the end of a 200 meter race. why not finish at full speed. Its not like he ran a marathon!

Because he doesn't have to. He had enough distance to win and not enough to break the WR. You know a guy is talented when "he doesn't have to" do certain things like run through the line. He ran through the line in his 100m final and the anchor of the 4x100m relay... because he had to.

his speed is equaled only by his douche-baggery...

24708504.jpg

You just know the folks at Puma PR are all slapping their foreheads right now...

Carl's the bigger douche bag here. Sour grapes. I'm a big fan of Carl, but dude got caught taking banned stimulants in the '80s. Not that I hold it against him, per se', but he's been pointing fingers since the '80s. He should keep his mouth shut until Bolt turns up positive if he doesn't want to have Bolt respond the way he did.

Back