• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NYC dealer

I was wondering if anyone in NYC, or anywhere for that matter has heard anything about a dealership in NY named Overseas Auto? They are Located in Hasings-on-Hudson. Their feedback on ebay is perfect, but wanted some real input from people who know X's. Thanks for any input!

I met the owner

At the Larchmont outdoor show last summer, a guy by the name of Lawrence Rosten, nice guy, knows his stuff, was selling a beautiful XKE convertible, watched him in action, acutally pointing out the strengths and weakeness of the car to the potential buyer. Thought that he was a "decent" dealer. If you need any help, there are quite of few local guys here that can inspect further, just shout out on the NE region, and you'll get some responses. I might be able to take a run by also, but there are a lot of more qualified members out there that have helped out many a potential buyer!!!! Good Luck,

RPM217,

That was very helpful! You are correct, his name is Larry Rosten. I have not spoke to him personally, however, have dealt with one of his associates by the name of Alex. I guess I should have done a little bit more research, however, have already won an auction by this dealer for a 91 b on b auto. I don't have enough time to get the car inspected because I leave on 3/16 to get the car. But I do appreciate you offering to look at it, I suppose I should have posted sooner so I could take advantage of your knowledge and location to inspect before bidding. I do feel much better at least hearing from someone who knows this man exists!

from your profile

I see that you're certainly familiar with "gambling", so I'm sure that you've at least tried to turn the "odds to your favor" by doing the obvious, carfax, repair history, etc. You can certainly walk away from the car if you see any "obvious defects". If you're planning on driving the car tomorrow, it's supposed to be sloppy out here, rain/sleet/snow, 1-3" possible, be careful, these cars on high speed tires make good "sleds", not ideal conditions for a test drive. Let me know what you end up doing, I'm around tomorrow, won't be driving mine, but if I can grab some time, maybe I can meet you somewhere to help, as I said, there are many others locally who are far better than me in examining our "marque", but you're not giving much time for assistance

Back