• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OBD2 connector location

Hi all, I bought a codereader to find out why my CEL is on, can't seem to locate the connection point on the car. I'm sure its someplace obvious, but not having any luck.

Will

Passenge side under the glovebox.. There is a little black cover over it.

Thanks Netviper, I was looking all over. The code I have is P0155 "Front Primary HO2S Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 1)
". Any idea what that means in english?

The computer is probably reading an open loop or very high value in the O2 heater circuit. The O2 still works, but the sensor also has a heater to heat the sensor up faster, to get the car into closed-loop mode sooner. You can unplug the sensor and do a resistance check across the pins for the heater element to confirm. If the heater is out, replace the O2 sensor. I believe bank 2 is the inboard bank. Sensor 1 is the sensor just before the cat.

EIFFEL said:
Don't fix it yourself. Take it to Acura dealer, it is covered under emission warrenty. You'll get it fixed for FREE!

I was thinking the same thing, but if its a relatively simple fix (like O2 sensors on most cars), I'd rather do it myself to eliminate the hassle of going to the dealer. Is it a standard heated sensor that an auto parts store will carry, or is it available only from a dealer? Is it relatively easy to get to, or are there items that must be removed for access?

Will

sensors are easy to replace (jack up the car and you can see them attached to the catalytic converters between the engine and the exhaust pipes. They cost about $200 each. There are two so make sure that you replace the one that is giving the alarm code.

Be careful,

You need to get the correct 02 sensor. The generic ones in the price range you mention are the 1991-94 sensors (They may be OK up to 1996, I will need to check. What year is the car? As EIFFEL mention there is a warranty, it covers 1995-97 cars.

All the sensors are 4 wire, but you need to comfirm you have the correct one. The last time I purchased the correct one for a later year NSX was at www.oxygensensors.com and it was about $120 shipped to me IIRC.

HTH,
LarryB

I got my replaced under the 10 years 150K miles emission warranty. But mine is a 1996. Your on the border line for yours, I would still try to work something out with your local Acura Dealer.

NRG NSX said:
I got my replaced under the 10 years 150K miles emission warranty. But mine is a 1996. Your on the border line for yours, I would still try to work something out with your local Acura Dealer.
It is 14 Yr. or 150K Warrenty Extension

Back