• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Oct 6 2012 PCH Run - Socal to Monterey CA

Time to put on some miles on those NSXs for Pacific coast highway! Arguably one of the most picturesque and stunning roads in California... possibly even the whole western united states!

Plan is very simple. Well all meet at Albertsons at 5am at 26521 Agoura Road Calabasas, CA 91302 and leave promptly after that and head towards San Luis Obispo. Then take the PCH all the way to Monterey where we can do the very scenic 17 mile drive in Pebble Beach. Plan is to stay over night in Monterey and drive back toward SoCal the next day.

This will be a very fun trip. We'll have plenty of opportunities to stop at sights along the way. Hearst Castle, The Big Sur bridge, McWay Waterfall (waterfall into the ocean!!!), 17 mile drive, and so much more.

This is NOT a NSX only event. I've invited a few people I know so we should get a small decent turnout (I say small because I cant compare to Les' meetups with 50+ NSXs)

Its pretty much set for Oct 6 as I already booked my room in monterey. It WILL be tough to fit it all in. I have a feeling we'll see Bixby bridge by sunset and pull into monterey by night. BUT... theres SUNDAY! We'll probably do the 17 mile drive at pebble beach sunday morning and maybe even back track down PCH if we have enough interest.

I would definitely be interested in this drive. I've been meaning to do a PCH run and it'd be great to do the drive with other NSXs. I'll keep my eyes on this post for updates :)

Sounds like fun. We should be able to go. Let me know if I can help.

I would love to do this but will be on the east coast attending a wedding. Roll safe and take lots of pictures.

I've made this run a couple of times in my NSX, once with two other NSX's when Acura use to sponsor an NSX corral at Laguna Seca. I guarantee you will have fun, but I also guarantee that you will be tired at the end of the day. Get a good nights rest before hand.

Last edited:
I'm really interested in this drive, but with the CalCoastal drive planned for the following week (October 14), what's the likelihood that this drive is still a "go"? That would be A LOT of driving two weekends in a row. Is it still on?

I'm really interested in this drive, but with the CalCoastal drive planned for the following week (October 14), what's the likelihood that this drive is still a "go"? That would be A LOT of driving two weekends in a row. Is it still on?

Same here, would like to go, but I'll need a family weekend or two between these two events. :smile:

Its still a go. Between the GTR forum, NSX forum, and the socal canyon runners meetup group we should have almost 20 cars going.

I've also booked a room at LaQuinta Inn on 2401 Del Monte Ave, Monterey, CA, 93940

I should have more details by the weeks end.

UPDATES:

We are meeting at Albertsons in Calabasas at 5am & leaving at 5:30am sharp. I will have krispy creme donuts, milk, & cold red bulls!

Also, I will have radio's for everyone so please let me know ASAP if you are coming.

Lastly here is a LOOSE itinerary.
1) Leave Calabasas by 5:30am
2) Arrive at hearst castle by 9:30am. We will do an available tour here. Tours will take 2 hours of our time and cost $25 per person.
3) Lunch at ragged point inn at 12pm. Very scenic here.
4) Random stops & sight seeing (Bixby Bridge, McWay waterfall, etc) Here its hard to plan times as there are plenty of pullouts and moments to take in PCH. From the lunch area to Monterey is about 80 miles. I figure we'll pull into monterey late evening.
5) Dinner will be in Carmel, CA Little Napoli on Dolores St & 7th Ave
Carmel, CA 93921

Next day we'll grab breakfast and end the trip with the 17 mile drive at pebble beach. We can split up here. OR take PCH south again!

Please PM me with your contact details if your planning to attend. :biggrin:

I guess I need to pull off a mad dash to get my car put back together. But if I don't i will just ride shotgun with Randy and when the fury becomes too much I can drive. At least this way Randy won't get pulled over for that yellow NSX that does not believe in speed limits. :tongue:

I guess I need to pull off a mad dash to get my car put back together. But if I don't i will just ride shotgun with Randy and when the fury becomes too much I can drive. At least this way Randy won't get pulled over for that yellow NSX that does not believe in speed limits. :tongue:
Only if the drive goes through Yuma! :D

I might be down for this depending on my schedule.

Back