• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

October meet go-karts and chinese food

October 19 meet go-karts and chinese food

Well since no one has Oct. I've decided to volunteer (if that's okay with everyone of course) since it's my last month seeing the great people that I’ve met while being up here. As some of you may know my wife is in the Navy and we’ve gotten stationed to Port Hueneme, CA. We leave this wonderful state the first week of Nov. (right before the lovely winter hits:biggrin:) so this meet will be the last time seeing most of you (for now at least, everybody is welcome to visit at anytime of course).

That being said, Ferrand suggested that we do go-karts and have another dinner at a Chinese restaurant (two things that I enjoy very much:biggrin:). We were thinking Traxx Indoor Raceway in Mukilteo, as it being a central location to most of us. As far as the Chinese restaurant, suggestions are being taken and please post them. For the time and date I’m looking at midday Oct. 19. Please let me know if this works fine for everyone.

Last edited:
This sounds like fun. I've had my car for a while now, but I haven't met anyone in the area except for John Zahn. Seems like it's about time for me to crawl out of the cave I've been living in.

Nick

Cool, now if we don't need to stick with Chinese food, we will have a few good places around Lynnwood area. There's only one "ok" Chinese restaurant by Ranch99, but their service is terrible!!! yeap terrible by Chinese restaurant standard.

Guess what, I just think of a good place, All you can eat Korean BBQ!!! (great for meat lovers: Beef, pork, Chicken and hot links) It's on Hwy99, a block from Acura Lynnwood. Since it's all you can eat, if anyone got there late, they still get to eat. It's usually not too crowded too, then it will only take us less than 10 mins to get to the kart track.

**I'm not the organizer, just throwing ideas out!:biggrin:

Last edited:
Cool, now if we don't need to stick with Chinese food, we will have a few good places around Lynnwood area. There's only one "ok" Chinese restaurant by Ranch99, but their service is terrible!!! yeap terrible by Chinese restaurant standard.

Guess what, I just think of a good place, All you can eat Korean BBQ!!! (great for meat lovers: Beef, pork, Chicken and hot links) It's on Hwy99, a block from Acura Lynnwood. Since it's all you can eat, if anyone got there late, they still get to eat. It's usually not too crowded too, then it will only take us less than 10 mins to get to the kart track.

**I'm not the organizer, just throwing ideas out!:biggrin:

that sounds good. I'm not familiar with area so if anyone else want's to throw out suggestions also.

How does meet at Traxx Sunday Oct. 19 at 8pm sound?

Last edited:
Traxx on a Saturday afternoon is usually stupid crowded. Last four or five times I went at that time slot I had to wait 1+ hours after signup to get into a session. Why not Sykart in Tukwila? Bigger track, faster karts, and much lower chance of having to bump draft punk teenagers that are crammed into your session.

Sykart is great, but I believed mpkr91 is in Bellingham... so a waste away from Kent. but Jerry you feel free to get the Nov or December meet faceoff with s2ki group. :tongue:

Sykart is great, but I believed mpkr91 is in Bellingham... so a waste away from Kent. but Jerry you feel free to get the Nov or December meet faceoff with s2ki group. :tongue:

Well, the S2000 club meets every third Thursday of the month at Sykart for Kart racing. That opportunity is always available and works with your schedule. :wink:

If you are planning to meet at Traxx then you should strongly consider an earlier start time. 3pm on a Saturday will be a quagmire.

Nsxca has Laguna seca oct 18-19. Some of us will be down in cali that weekend.

Sykart is great

New winning strategy?? :confused:

---> Sneak in a little something extra for my cart... :tongue:

12002.jpg

img168.gif

I am down for Oct. meet at Traxx.

LOL! Of course Dan is the first to respond when you mention Traxx...he tore it up at NSXPO's gokart event laying down the fastest lap times with more than 60 people competing!:cool:
Another suggestion for food is Tokyo Ninjas in Everett right accross from the Everett mall. It's like Benihana's with the crazy chefs-but cheaper and pretty damn tasty too!:biggrin: Again just a suggestion...I'm down for whatever!

LOL! Of course Dan is the first to respond when you mention Traxx...he tore it up at NSXPO's gokart event laying down the fastest lap times with more than 60 people competing!:cool:

Well, only because me and Jerry weren't there, ASK him what my crew did on the first pat acre's s2000/nsx team race. :biggrin: j/k

but seriously, Jerry is like some indoor go kart king man... I bet he'll still turn in good lap time if he wore a helmet backwards. (I mean blindfold...:tongue:)
........................... actually that's the real reason we stay away from Sykart.

Hehehe,
I can't seem to get it right at Sykart... But @ Traxx, I laid some pretty fast laps last time (22.3xx).
BTW, last time S2K/NSX event, the fastest time by team NSX was 50.70. At NSXPO I laid down some 50.02s even went faster at the end but the guy at the booth didn't bother to record it (;))
I heard about Jerry before... yup, he's very fast @ Sykart.

Well, only because me and Jerry weren't there, ASK him what my crew did on the first pat acre's s2000/nsx team race. :biggrin: j/k

but seriously, Jerry is like some indoor go kart king man... I bet he'll still turn in good lap time if he wore a helmet backwards. (I mean blindfold...:tongue:)
........................... actually that's the real reason we stay away from Sykart.

I don't know... I think Ferrand's being pretty modest. I can't really vouch for Jerry, I hav'nt seen him in action yet. But if Ferrand drives Karts like he drives his NSX on the track wer'e all gonna be looking at the back of his head! :biggrin::cool::biggrin:

Traxx on a Saturday afternoon is usually stupid crowded. Last four or five times I went at that time slot I had to wait 1+ hours after signup to get into a session. Why not Sykart in Tukwila? Bigger track, faster karts, and much lower chance of having to bump draft punk teenagers that are crammed into your session.

The only way to avoid the younger crowd is probably show up at opening time, but I know some have to work. What time is best for everybody that's going.

Are we firmed on NEXT SUNDAY? Can we meet at night time as I won't get off work until 7:30pm.

Would really like to go if I could make it.
Lets make a list:

1. mpkr91
2. nsxdreamer2
3. na1/2-R
4. nsxlife?
5. nsx#75 ? (come on, it's right at your backyard)
6. John@microsoft? (if i can't beat you in nsx, I'd like to beat you on a kart)

Are we firmed on NEXT SUNDAY? Can we meet at night time as I won't get off work until 7:30pm.

Would really like to go if I could make it.
Lets make a list:

1. mpkr91
2. nsxdreamer2
3. na1/2-R
4. nsxlife?
5. nsx#75 ? (come on, it's right at your backyard)
6. John@microsoft? (if i can't beat you in nsx, I'd like to beat you on a kart)
7. Velveeta +1

This is the 19th right?

7:30pm doesn't thrill me but I will be there. Promised the wife that we will go clubbing that night, so the festivities end around 9pm for me.

time is not confirmed yet, Moses is the one who organize it, and I really would like to have dinner with him before he goes...

Please guys, WAIT for his final decision on time and location.

Jerry, clubbing on Sunday night???:confused:

time is not confirmed yet, Moses is the one who organize it, and I really would like to have dinner with him before he goes...

Please guys, WAIT for his final decision on time and location.

Jerry, clubbing on Sunday night???:confused:

Often yes. However, I just realized the 19th is a Sunday and not a Saturday. We don't have plans that Sunday. I should be able to take part in the full meal deal. Thanks for the heads up. :rolleyes:

Back