• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM brake setup on a 1991 nsx

If you check around you will be able to find information on fitting the later larger diameter brake rotors to the early cars. Same brake calipers so no messing with hydraulics or brake bias or emergency brake issues. Requires an adapter / bracket to change the spacing of the caliper. Dali used to make the spacers; but, they have ceased business. You would have to search around to see if anybody still offers the brackets or whether you can find the drawings to have them made up.

Changing pads is always a trade off. Racing / high performance pads are designed to work well when hot - not so well when cold so can provide poor performance in regular street driving. There are more aggressive pads that offer high initial engagement; but, they can chew through rotors quite quickly.

First I would check if all brake pistons move freely. Than new ss brake lines and system flush. I like HP+ brake pads. They are noisy and rotors will not last as long, but they work.
Good luck.

Detlef aka Procar offers a break setup update with larger rotors + different pads from what I know which shall make a huge difference.
Get in touch with him

Better pads make a difference. But they do dust a lot more than the OEM ones. As you didn't mention track I'd tend towards 'street' pads, not track pads. Even the street pads lower the efficiency of the handbrake when cooled down and compared to OEM. HAWK HPS for example. I've had HP+ but thrown them out.

Back