• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM car cover ??

I recently became the proud owner of a '91 red/blk, 1 owner with 36K miles. Included was a cover I was told was bought with the car. It's in a black nylon (?) bag and weighs about 40+ pounds. The exterior is a black vinyl-type material and the car side is a soft flannel-like material. I only partially unrolled it and also saw a padded area with a brownish fabric. Gentleman told me he thought it has the NSX logo on it. I've searched the foum and find no mention of such a cover. Considering the weight of it I wouldn't attempt to put it on without help. Anyone have any knowlege of such a cover ? Seems it would only be useful for outdoor and long-term use considerng the difficulty in putting on and off. Thanks !

Hmmmm.....doesn't sound like any OEM cover I have ever seen. Probably after market for outdoor use. 40 lbs is a very heavy cover.

Sounds like you picked up a very nice original NSX. Why not attend NSXPO 2013 in Raleigh during October? You are very, very close.

John Komar - Co-Chair NSXPO 2013

The OEM car cover looks like this:
_MG_2862-1.jpg

and comes in a bag that looks like this (the one on the left wit the logo):
faac98ae.jpg

I may have to get ambitious and actually unroll the whole thing to see what I've got. I won't be surprised if it's maybe a boat cover. Car was always garaged, never driven in the rain, etc and the cover appears to have had very little if any use. Thnaks for the replies everyone. I was hoping someone would know exactly what I've got and save me the trouble of man-handling this thing !!

Back