• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM Keyless Entry - Modification???

I recently ordered a Keyless Entry system from Goodson Acura. I have a 97 "T" and wanted to add the system. I was initially quoted ~$375 for the system but it was suggested that I get the early system as it was much less expensive at ~150. I was told that they had installed this system in a 2K model so it should work.

When we went to install it today of course the plugs were not compatible, duh.

Here's the question: Is there a work around that allows this system to work in a later model car, or was somebopy mistaken and I should return it?

If I do decide to return it I will probably go with an aftermarket system, as the features are far superior for much less $$$$

Suggestions?

------------------
97 NSX-T Black/Tan
00 Mercedes 430CLK (Cab)
93 Cadillac Allante (Northstar) - For Sale
98 GMC Sierra
00 HD Dyna WideGlide
83 Cessna 303 (Crusader)

[This message has been edited by Paul65K (edited 27 January 2003).]

I haven't heard of anyone getting the earlier (less expensive) keyless entry system to work in a newer NSX. I haven't used either one personally so I'm not sure exactly what the differences are.

I agree aftermarket offers a lot more for the money, but can also cause more complications. Make sure you have a good installer.

I went with an aftermarket viper alarm. Gives me keyless entry, trunk, dome light and makes the cool "beep beep" noise
smile.gif
Only cost me 80 bucks more than the OEM system. IMO, well worth it.

Paul,
Confirm for me that the part number on your packaging reads AC08E60-SL0-200....that's the part number we installed on an '02. I'll get with the techs that install accessories in the morning and see if they had any "mods" they had to do to make it compatible.
smile.gif

Susan

Originally posted by Nsx Service Girl:
Paul,
Confirm for me that the part number on your packaging reads AC08E60-SL0-200....that's the part number we installed on an '02. I'll get with the techs that install accessories in the morning and see if they had any "mods" they had to do to make it compatible.
smile.gif

Susan

Susan,

I am looking at the box and that is exactly the part number that I received. Thanks for taking an interest, it is appreciated.

Paul

!

[This message has been edited by Paul65K (edited 01 February 2003).]

Bump

Back