• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM or SOS Sport 275 Clutch?

Hello prime members,
I'm sure this topic has been brought up many times.
I've looked through almost every clutch thread on prime and am still stuck between these two choices, OEM or SOS 275 kit.
My clutch is slipping every time I go hard on the throttle after shifting. I definitely want OEM clutch feel but the lighter flywheel
in the SOS kit is attractive. I do not want any possibility of chatter or shudder though.
Should I replace it with a OEM clutch or the SOS sport 275?
Little bout my NSX, it's a 92 and the only engine related mods are intake, header, exhaust.
Street driven only, track once a year at most.

Lastly, are these sites safe to purchase from or anyone know and could recommend a vendor.
https://www.oemacuraparts.com/oem-parts/acura-clutch-set-22000pr7305/?c=bT0x
https://www.acurapartswarehouse.com/oem/acura~clutch~set~22000-pr7-305.html

Thanks in advance! :)

If you go with the OEM option, you will have to get around the issue of American dealers not being allowed to ship parts into Canada. I expect you could work around that fairly easily if you go with the factory clutch. However, I thought I noticed some discussion on Prime that the clutch kits for the NA1's were discontinued in the U.S. The NSX Shop may still be able to supply them though.

If you go with the OEM option, you will have to get around the issue of American dealers not being allowed to ship parts into Canada. I expect you could work around that fairly easily if you go with the factory clutch. However, I thought I noticed some discussion on Prime that the clutch kits for the NA1's were discontinued in the U.S. The NSX Shop may still be able to supply them though.
I purchased an OEM clutch kit for my 91 from Acura Canada. there still is stock.

It has been a couple of years since I ordered anything; but, I have used Delray a couple of times to order NSX parts. They did not have a problem shipping to a Canadian address although for some reason they made a point that Canadian deliveries had to go by postal service rather than by courier. Things might have changed; but, it is worth giving them a try.

https://www.acuraoemparts.com/

Interesting trivia - Delray is in south Florida so in the absence of some Acura dealer on Mexico's southern border, it is about as far away from Vancouver as you can get to source parts for your car and still be in North America.

I seem to recall that NSX2398 (Ian) went through the clutch replacement on his 1991 last year or the year before and opted for the SOS clutch (I think the 275). I haven't seen his car around in the last year; but, I think he is still active on Prime. Perhaps PM him and see if he is still happy with his decision.

Last edited:
acurepartsforless.com

$1,309.34 after the 5% discount (5NSX). I assume they ship to BC.

No problem with the shipping at all as I an go pick up in Point Roberts, WA as well.
I did hear that the NA1 clutch kits were discontinued but all these sites still have them listed in stock.

I purchased an OEM clutch kit for my 91 from Acura Canada. there still is stock.

Did you order it online or just made a call to your local dealer?

It has been a couple of years since I ordered anything; but, I have used Delray a couple of times to order NSX parts. They did not have a problem shipping to a Canadian address although for some reason they made a point that Canadian deliveries had to go by postal service rather than by courier. Things might have changed; but, it is worth giving them a try.

https://www.acuraoemparts.com/

Interesting trivia - Delray is in south Florida so in the absence of some Acura dealer on Mexico's southern border, it is about as far away from Vancouver as you can get to source parts for your car and still be in North America.

I seem to recall that NSX2398 (Ian) went through the clutch replacement on his 1991 last year or the year before and opted for the SOS clutch (I think the 275). I haven't seen his car around in the last year; but, I think he is still active on Prime. Perhaps PM him and see if he is still happy with his decision.

I can pick up in Washington, so shipping would not be big problem. I'll give NSX2398 (Ian) a shout. Thanks for the tips!

acurepartsforless.com

$1,309.34 after the 5% discount (5NSX). I assume they ship to BC.

WOOT! Definitely best price I've seen online so far! Thanks!

Last edited:
Local Dealer. West Side Acura, Edmonton. 22000-PR7-305 $2350 CDN c/w pilot and release bearings. (tax in)

Last edited:
Local Dealer. West Side Acura, Edmonton. 22000-PR7-305 $2350 CDN c/w pilot and release bearings. (tax in)

That part number does include the pilot bearing, but not the release bearing. The release bearing is 22810-PR8-003. The price seems to be for both, but you need to order both parts;).

HTH,
LarryB

If you ever go SC or Turbo, or sell the car, the stock clutch will slip at some point.
I went with SOS 6 puck. Definitely ON/OFF but would probably hold 500 hp IMO.
Holds my power easily. Zero and I mean zero chatter in 10k miles.

I haven't decided still.
Curious on why you decided on going with the OEM instead of the SOS.
Get the Exedy twin organic. My car is almost finished and will report back. But basically it is just a modified oem twin disk to handle more power.

I was actually set on the SOS one but my mechanic who works on a lot of NSXs convinced me to go with the OEM. It served me a long time and the only power mods I Have are I/H/E. I am very happy with it. MY only regret is not doing the 2002 NSX R differential upgrade when I had everything apart. I did the finalk drive and shorter gears but not the couples parts needs for the more aggressive diff lock. regret that big time.

Tim Poliniak / [MENTION=5921]hondacuraplanet[/MENTION] w/oemacuraparts.com is always a great source for OEM parts. (866-347-8355)
He gives a discount to NSXPrime members.

Back