• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM Style 02 Sideskirts or Stacy Sideskirts?

OEM Style 02 Sideskirts or Stacy Sideskirts?

• Total voters
What do you guys think would look better on a 91-01 berlina black with 02 rear valence and shine GT front lip spoiler? Thanks for your input.
This is my current setup by the way minus the 02 rear valence:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Both look nice but I think alot would have to do with how aggressive the suspension/wheel modifications are.

Both would look great. I personally like the vented look. I also prefer the ease of installing the OEM side skirts and its perfect fitment. I have Stacy's vented skirts on my Berlina Black with the 02 rear valence. Well, its off the car right now, but I like the slightly more aggressive and lower look of the vented Stacy's skirt.

I prefer the clean look of the OEM skirts. Both look good just depends on what you plan to do the rest of the car.

OEM, had a chance to get the stacey but passed. I dont like the vent
that does nothing! maybe it cools the rubber on the rear tires LOL but dont you want heat on the rubber so it sticks better? reminds me of those press-on chrome fenders vents on a Buick.

or the molded vents on a 2001 Mustang Pony LOL fake does nothing
pointless.

OEM 02+ i would think help with aerodynamics of the car.

OEM all the way

It really depends on what you want to do. If you are going full out aggressive with R details and a large diffuser, then I would get the Stacy. If it is just the changes you mentioned, (Shine lip and 02 valence) then I would stick with OEM.

Too much of a personal preference, obviously.

I used to like the Stacy's but my taste changed as I got older and wanted a more elegant look hence I went with OEM. Not saying the Stacy's ain't elegant but it still screams aftermarket to me.

Too much of a personal preference, obviously.

I used to like the Stacy's but my taste changed as I got older and wanted a more elegant look hence I went with OEM. Not saying the Stacy's ain't elegant but it still screams aftermarket to me.

+1 :smile:

Stacy if your lowered with agressive wheels and wana standout, oem if you just want clean look. I went stacy, cause it has to look as mean as it sounds

Thanks for the help guys but this ones gonna be tough. This is my current setup as of now. I don't have the 02 valence installed yet. Decisions decisions.:confused:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0155.jpg
    DSC_0155.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 207
  • DSC_1281.jpg
    DSC_1281.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
I would keep the current setup. Looks perfect that way. With the 91 rear valance, the car look sleaker than the 02 valance. Also with the aftermarket exhaust like Taitec GT09 or GT-One 5.1 you would able to show the chrome work more than on 02 valance which would hide a lot.

Your set up is already perfect. Maybe new exhaust to compliment the current look.

Jin,

Of all people I would never have guessed you would prefer a 91 rear valence over the 02. IMHO, the 02 rear valence compliments the pop-ups very well.

IMO, if u keep the na1 rear valence, you will need the rear spats. Otherwise, the exhaust will look like it's sagging. When I bought my car, I thought why my exhaust was sagging, then I realized it's the rear valence.

Jin,

Of all people I would never have guessed you would prefer a 91 rear valence over the 02. IMHO, the 02 rear valence compliments the pop-ups very well.

I prefer the original look for the pop ups. I lost my old rear valance otherwise I put it back on. I like how the 91 valance really compliment the 02R rear spoiler. With the current 02 valance I put on the normal spoiler to make the car look sleaker and lower.

I think the 02 rear shows more. I have a mesh look vs the 91-01 has like a solid piece with 1/2 inch gap to see exhaust.

I've finally made my choice and have decided to go with the OEM sideskirts. I'm actually going for the "clean" look instead of the "aggressive". Thanks for the input guys! I'll post pics when its finished.

I've finally made my choice and have decided to go with the OEM sideskirts. I'm actually going for the "clean" look instead of the "aggressive". Thanks for the input guys! I'll post pics when its finished.

Oem is always better looking.

Back