• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OFFICAL SPECS: 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VIII

We just got the offical specs for the new Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VIII that will be arriving at the dealership in March 2003.

Here they are:

• 4G63 2.0L DOHC, 16 valve inline-4, intercooled, turbocharged engine.
    271 H.P. @ 6500 rpm.
    273 lb-ft torque @ 3500 rpm.
    Twin-scroll turbocharger.
    Air-to-air intercooler with 2-nozzle auto-spray water cooling plus manual override.
    Full-time AWD with viscous-coupled center differential and limited-slip rear differential.
    5-Speed manual transmission.
    RISE unibody chassis.
    Aluminum hood and front fenders.
    4-wheel independent suspension Front:forged aluminum alloy lower control arms;inverted MacPherson struts; 24mm hollow anti-sway bar; strut tower brace; total wheel stroke:175mm, Rear:forged aluminum alloy wishbone multi-link configuration; with forged aluminum trailing arms, lateral links and crossmember;22mm hollow anti-sway bar;185mm wheel stroke.
    4-wheel ventilated Brembo disc brakes.
    Front: 14" rotors with 4-piston calipers.
    Rear: 12" rotors with 2-piston calipers.
    4-channel, 4-sensor Sport ABS with with steering angle & g-force sensors for individual wheel brake control.
    Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD).
    17" x 8" ENKEI lightweight one-piece alloy rims with 235/45ZR17 97W Yokohama ADVAN A-046 high-performance tires.
    High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlights.
    Full-size rear spoiler with carbon fiber airfoil.
    Dual-mode muffler with variable back-pressure relief valve and 4" chrome-plated tailpipe.
    Customized Recaro front bucket seats.
    MOMO leather-wrapped steering wheel.
    Full-scale black-faced, permanent red-illuminated instrument cluster with center 9000-rpm tachometer.
    Air conditioning.
    Power windoes, door locks, sideview mirrors.
    Keyless entry.
    6-speaker Mitsubishi CD audio system.
This car will no doubt be the baddest 4 door in the USA.

------------------
91 Red/Ivory #2061

[This message has been edited by NoClgDeg (edited 03 January 2003).]

too bad its fugly....

just my opinion....
biggrin.gif

------------------
Resident E38er

-97 NSX "Nina" #183

Not bad for its price. Wouldn't mind having one although I can buy it when it comes out if I wanted, but NSX comes first.
biggrin.gif

Gotta give some credit to Mitsu's uncanny ability to engineer the EVO motor with serious low-end grunt. Not too surprising though, considering the fact that they've been builing med/heavy duty TurboCharged bobtail trucks for many decades. However, Mitsu's reliability/durability is left to be desired. ANyway, 273lb-ft of torque @3500rpm out of a 2-liter 4-banger is really amazing, even with the aid of FI. Does anyone know how much boost this car is running? I can't wait for the spirited test drive come March!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by NoClgDeg:
We just got the offical specs for the new Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VIII that will be arriving at the dealership in March 2003.

NoClgDeg,

Did you actually get these specs from the LA auto show this week? Unless you are referring to the non-US markets, where and when did they announce the arrival for 3/03? I thought the LanEvo VIIIs won't be ready until '04 for the US. I haven't heard of any waiting lists and advance downpayments yet.....I'm a LanEvo freak, so please spare some details.

------------------
'98 Blue NSX-T

Originally posted by Blue Knight:
NoClgDeg,

Did you actually get these specs from the LA auto show this week? Unless you are referring to the non-US markets, where and when did they announce the arrival for 3/03? I thought the LanEvo VIIIs won't be ready until '04 for the US. I haven't heard of any waiting lists and advance downpayments yet.....I'm a LanEvo freak, so please spare some details.

I work for a Mitsu dealer. We have two EVO's on the way and they will be here in the middle of February. We have a waiting list but we will be asking for $10,000 above MSRP plus we will put on every factory EVO option available. Be prepared to pay $45K+ for the first batch.

------------------
91 Red/Ivory #2061

Back