• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

***OFFICIAL - NSXPO 2004 Caravan from Sloatsburg, NY to WGI ***

PLEASE POST ON THIS THREAD ONLY IF YOU PLAN ON JOINING THIS CARAVAN

What is this?:
This is a caravan which will be leaving from the Sloatsburg Rest Area on the Thruway North in Rockland County. We will be meeting at 1:00PM and departing between 1:30 - 1:45PM on Thursday heading up to Watkins Glen for NSXPO 2004.

Is this good for me?:
This is a great meeting point for anyone living in New Jersey, Rockland County, or if your are driving up from the South and want to hook up with a NSX caravan

Where exactly is the meeting point?:
The meeting point is the "Sloatsburg Rest Area" on the New York State Thruway (I87) North Bound. The rest area is roughly 2 miles North of the exchange for I287, or about 10 miles North of the Tappan Zee Bridge. Please see the map below....

ThruwayMap.bmp

What Time are you going to be there?:
Karen and I will be showing up there at 1:00PM on Thursday 10/7 We will be departing for the Glen from this rest area around 1:30PM - 1:45PM

What about the NYC Miled caravan?:
Our caravan is actually waiting for Miled's caravan which should be arriving around 1:30PM from NYC. Once Miled shows up with his group of NSXs we will join together and head up to NSXPO.

Very cool!! how do I reach you?:
If you want to meet up with Karen and I please let us know by replying on this thread with a short message saying so. PLEASE ONLY REPLY IF YOU PLAN ON MEETING. You can also send me a PM, and if you need to get in touch with me all my information is below. Once the date gets closer I will be updating a list on this thread with who I expect to meet at the rest area.

John & Karen DeFini
[email protected]
973-729-5567 (home)
908-239-1850 (cell)
973-606-3782 (work)

If you have any questions, please either call me or send me a PM. If your question is a concern which I have overlooked, then I will edit the thread. My intention is to keep this thread as clean and informative as possible.

NSXPO is going to be absolutely incredible this year, and I hope to be hearing from some of you soon :):)

-John & Karen

jadkar said:

Our caravan is actually waiting for Miled's caravan which should be arriving around 1:30PM from NYC. Once Miled shows up with his group of NSXs we will join together and head up to NSXPO.
Hi John, nice talking with you and thanks for the great post!:D

To update everyone:
  • Hirofumi-san is scheduled to arrive at JFK on Thursday, 10/7/04 ~11AM.
  • In order to minimize confusion and the always heavy traffic in and around that area, I will be the only one meeting him at the airport.
  • Once he picks up his rental, he, along with his Japanese colleagues and I will begin our journey towards John Defini's meeting point (Sloatsburg Rest Area) mentioned on his post above.
  • If you have a club radio, please bring it.

Ciao... Miléd

jadkar said:

What is this?:
This is a caravan which will be leaving from the Sloatsburg Rest Area on the Thruway North in Rockland County. We will be meeting at 1:00PM and departing between 1:30 - 1:45PM on Thursday heading up to Watkins Glen for NSXPO 2004.

Is this good for me?:
This is a great meeting point for anyone living in New Jersey, Rockland County, or if your are driving up from the South and want to hook up with a NSX caravan

Where exactly is the meeting point?:
The meeting point is the "Sloatsburg Rest Area" on the New York State Thruway (I87) North Bound. The rest area is roughly 2 miles North of the exchange for I287, or about 10 miles North of the Tappan Zee Bridge. Please see the map below....

ThruwayMap.bmp

What Time are you going to be there?:
Karen and I will be showing up there at 1:00PM on Thursday 10/7 We will be departing for the Glen from this rest area around 1:30PM - 1:45PM

Very cool!! how do I reach you?:
If you want to meet up with Karen and I please let us know by replying on this thread with a short message saying so. PLEASE ONLY REPLY IF YOU PLAN ON MEETING. You can also send me a PM, and if you need to get in touch with me all my information is below. Once the date gets closer I will be updating a list on this thread with who I expect to meet at the rest area.

John & Karen DeFini
[email protected]
973-729-5567 (home)
908-239-1850 (cell)
973-606-3782 (work)

If you have any questions, please either call me or send me a PM. If your question is a concern which I have overlooked, then I will edit the thread. My intention is to keep this thread as clean and informative as possible.

NSXPO is going to be absolutely incredible this year, and I hope to be hearing from some of you soon :):)

-John & Karen

John, I'll meet you guys there, originally I had planned on going up 684-84 and on up that way, but since no one wants to join me on that route, I'll go over the Z and meet you guys. If Karen wants to ride with me, I'll try and get permission from my wife, and a release from you, drafted by RSO for our mutual protection. I'm glad that the two of you will be able to attend, wouldn't be right if you couldn't!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

OK guys it Friday the 1st of October and NSXPO is coming up fast!!!

Here is the official list that I have so far for our caravan from Sloatsburg, NY.

NSXNEV
RPM217
TONYD
EUGENE LIM
BRIDGEWATER ACURA
CLIMBERAO
ACURA NSX PILOT
SENNA PERFECTED
JERRY FERDINAND
RUSS
BOB KAGLE

I have about 3 more "maybes" that I am still waiting on. If I forgot you name please IM me right away. I will be updating this list as needed. Talk to everyone soon.

-John

Last edited:
jadkar said:
OK guys it Friday the 1st of October and NSXPO is coming up fast!!!

Here is the official list that I have so far for our caravan from Sloatsburg, NY.

NSXNEV
RPM217
TONYD
EUGENE LIM

I have about 3 more "maybes" that I am still waiting on. If I forgot you name please IM me right away. I will be updating this list as needed. Talk to everyone soon

-John
John, I know that Bailey is planning on meeting up with us as well. He'll be coming up from the airport with Miled and guests to join our caravan!!! The long range forecast looks promising, cool but promising (that scares me as they're never right!!) :D

Hello John/ Karen,

This is to "Officially" confirm that I will be partaking in the "OFFICIAL" caravan. See you at the rest area Thursday!

Cheers-

Nev :D

RPM217 said:
John, I know that Bailey is planning on meeting up with us as well. He'll be coming up from the airport with Miled and guests to join our caravan!!! The long range forecast looks promising, cool but promising (that scares me as they're never right!!) :D

Hi John,

As Roger stated, please add me SennaPerfected to your list. The last time I spoke with Bailey (last Sunday, 9/26 at the detailing event in Mineola) he mentioned he wanted to join me for the airport trek, so I will say to add him Acura NSX Pilot to the list as well.

Ciao...:D

Hey John you forgot me??

I received a confirm from you this week. Add me to the list. Bridgewater Acura and I will join up in NJ and meet you at the rest area.

C U There

Alan :D :D

Hey John you forgot me??
Sorry about that :):) I knew I forgot someone!!

you know ill be there!!! :) i just put in a new clutch for the trip..

I'm in!

It looks like I'm taking Thursday off work too, so I'm in! Maybe I can rendezvous with SENNA PERFECTED and Acura NSX Pilot near NYC. What time do you gents figure you'll be hitting the Throgs Neck or thereabouts? I'll have my club radio and Nextel 172*1154*415.

******UPDATE**********

NSXPO is coming!!!!

It's so close....I can almost hear DocJon's exhaust resonating in my head. It looks like we're gonna have a great turnout for our caravan.

Here is the most recent list…….
NSXNEV
RPM217
TONYD
EUGENE LIM
BRIDGEWATER ACURA
KIDD12
CLIMBERAO
ACURA NSX PILOT
SENNA PERFECTED
JERRY FERDINAND
RUSS
BOB KAGLE
BILL HARPE

IF YOUR NAME ISN"T HERE YOU NEED TO CALL ME!! 908-239-1850

***What I need.........
Everyone, please send me your cell phone number. I want to have it so I can reach you if you’re not at the meeting point on Thursday. This is very important!! I will also be putting together a little package including directions to the Glen and contact numbers. Everyone will be given this prior to departing just in case they get separated from the caravan. We have 13 people in this caravan so it's very important to send me this info, even if you think I already have it.

Again, please send me your cell phone number (and your name), [email protected]

This is gonna be a great ride, to an incredible event!!!! I’ll see everyone soon

Last edited:
Re: I'm in!

Russ said:
It looks like I'm taking Thursday off work too, so I'm in! Maybe I can rendezvous with SENNA PERFECTED and Acura NSX Pilot near NYC. What time do you gents figure you'll be hitting the Throgs Neck or thereabouts? I'll have my club radio and Nextel 172*1154*415.

I will be meeting up with Miled at the Hertz rent at car at JFK at 11am then leaving from there Russ you can Hitt me up on the nextel or call me. I sent you a PM

Just a friendly reminder about state troopers on Route 17 in the area surrounding Liberty. They have a barracks there and they patrol heavily approximately a 30 mile stretch in and about Liberty. They will not cut anyone a break if they pull you over so try not to start the trip with a speeding ticket.

Thanks for the warning Bob !

The website looks GREAT!

Have a great and ticket free ride up :D :D :D

RSO 34 said:
Just a friendly reminder about state troopers on Route 17 in the area surrounding Liberty. They have a barracks there and they patrol heavily approximately a 30 mile stretch in and about Liberty. They will not cut anyone a break if they pull you over so try not to start the trip with a speeding ticket.

RSO 34 said:

Humm last year it was the Taconic 8 !!!.... the nsxpo caravan in 04 ?

I will hopefully join you guys in Sloatsburg on Thursday. I have sent my information to Jadkar. I will be coming originally from North Carolina but will be spending the night in the Philly area on Thursday. :)

Acura NsX Pilot said:
I will be meeting up with Miled at the Hertz rent at car at JFK at 11am then leaving from there Russ you can Hitt me up on the nextel or call me. I sent you a PM

Did you forget to call me??? Never mind, I'll see you then.:D

RSO 34 said:
Hi Bob,

You probably won't see this post as you are (should be) resting now because you're headed up to the Glen early this morning, but I couldn't agree with you more.

Everyone, just a heads up... I have been on many caravans (as I'm sure you have) and even though other caravan members do not feel comfortable driving at high speeds, they tend to do so as a result of the cars up front picking up to an unsafe pace. One member once took such a drastic measure to keep up with the front pace that he almost had a head-on collision by passing on a double-yellow line; not to mention he had his son with him! I witnessed everything as I was behind him (I stayed in my lane). He regreted later doing it and said the reason he did was because he felt pressured to keep up. As a direct result of this incident, I believe he sold his NSX.

We have a couple of very good friends arriving from Japan who will be caravanning with us. They are driving a rental car and the last thing I want is for them, or any of us to get pulled over for speeding, or any other infraction. Since Bob has driven 17 enough times to know (so have I and I'm sure some of you as well), and we have been forewarned several times, there is absolutely no reason for anyone to wind up with a ticket. That said, I please ask for everyone's patience and cooperation in the caravan to follow posted speed limits (at least try to stay close to it), especially in the Liberty area. If anyone feels they cannot adhere to this, you are welcomed to break from the caravan and go at your own pace.

If you have a club radio, please bring it!

Andiamo... Miléd

Last edited:
That said, I please ask for everyone's patience and cooperation in the caravan to follow posted speed limits (at least try to stay close to it), especially in the Liberty area. Andiamo... Miléd[/QUOTE]

Miled, good advice here. I hope people hold to this not only on their way up to XPO, but also while participating in the planned events, especially the Poker Rallye. It's bad enough to get a ticket, but way worse to get into a situation where one's car or person can be damaged.

NSXLNT said:
Miled, good advice here. I hope people hold to this not only on their way up to XPO, but also while participating in the planned events, especially the Poker Rallye. It's bad enough to get a ticket, but way worse to get into a situation where one's car or person can be damaged.
From what I've heard, the Poker Ralley appears to be a challenging one, so I'm with you on this Keith. Have a safe trip up today...

Guys,

I really appreciate the great advice about the caravan speed, however, I really wanted to keep this thread as "clean" as possible as posted earlier. I now have 13 NSXs, not including myself that I'm trying to keep track of. I need to be able to glance at this thread and get very fast information.

As far as speeding, have no fear, everyone is going to be getting a small packet of information prior to leaving Sloatsburg which will including various directions, contact numbers and a whole section on speeding and "caravan driving etiquette". Also, as a member of the famous "Taconic 8" everyone will have to listen to a short speech regarding caravan speed, and the hard working members of the New York State Police.

I'm quite positive that we will all arrive in the WGI area ticket free!!

Now please stay on topic!!! ;) ;) C-ya tomorrow!!!

-John

SennaPerfected said:
Did you forget to call me??? Never mind, I'll see you then.:D

I was suppose to call you tonight but Im thinking leave at least an hour early to get to the airport so ill meet you by the whitestone bridge by 10am I will be waiting somewhere after you pass the last over pass to the bridge. Just hitt me up on the nextel as you get close.

Back