• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Official SoCal "Sighting" Thread - post all your NSX sightings here!

He was in line waiting to get to the pump, silly. :smile: I stop at that Costco (Oxnard, CA) every time I go see my son in Santa Barbara. There's always a line. I was 4 cars back from the pumps on Sunday around noon.

Ohhh, must be working on lowering his pit times :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Ha! First thing I thought was. Oh I have a set of those wheels then I saw Costco and thought the same thing. In my civic yes, NSX - NO!

Why, Jonathan? I use Costco gas in all three of my Hondas. I hear that the mileage isn't as good with Costco gas as Chevron but is there anything else? :confused:

the whole debate on where to get gas will go on forever. bottom line is 91 from costco and chevron and arco they are probably all very similar (in terms of the fuel), but difference is in the additives, like chevron with techron. there is also belief that some gas were stored for longer while (from reserve) and possibility of more contaminants.

i have been reading stuff like this for no less than the past 10 years (about how long since i started buying cars i like), but i don't think anyone can solidly say anything is better or anything is inferior.

to me it's more of a "religious" belief. me myself, on cars that i don't care as much so speak, like our suv or cars that we leased (that we would return anyway), i put in costco without thinking twice. but my nsx, i won't bring it to costco, it only sees 79 or chevron. would my car "die" going to costco? i don't think so, but it just makes me feel better going the certain ones. at least with chevron i know they have techron helping to clean things up a little

Last edited:
Saw an NA1 Silverstone this morning at about 7:50AM turning from Glenn Ranch Road onto Ellipse, by the Oakley factory in Foothill Ranch. I live just up the street but was driving my Crosstour.

Spotted a black pre-02 heading south on the 5 fwy yesterday (Sunday). Exited Encinitas Blvd and had an exhaust and what looked like Volk AV3s.

Well said on the gas belief thing.

to me it's more of a "religious" belief. me myself, on cars that i don't care as much so speak, like our suv or cars that we leased (that we would return anyway), i put in costco without thinking twice. but my nsx, i won't bring it to costco, it only sees 79 or chevron. would my car "die" going to costco? i don't think so, but it just makes me feel better going the certain ones. at least with chevron i know they have techron helping to clean things up a little

Everytime I see a new bmw or mb at an arco, it's definitely a lease:biggrin:

^I do. All the time. The gas is cheaper and I get money back. Why not, Jason??

+1 It's top tier gas. I'd do it too if my wife would give me a Costco card [she knows better] and the problem with Costco gas is the lines are so long, sometimes you have to wait for 15-20 minutes...

OOPS: I stand corrected; they are not Top tier Certified...and the Kirkland Signature Clean Power is not available in California.
http://www.toptiergas.com/retailers.html

AND MORE INFO!

http://www.calcupa.org/presentation...d_signature_clean_power_gasoline_additive.pdf

Last edited:
I filled my S2000 with Chevron when it had the glow light on. I'll see how it does mileage-wise. It did feel a bit peppier.

Spotted a silver one headed southbound on PCH in Dana Point around 3:30 this afternoon. I was trying to catch you but the traffic and lights prevented me from saying hello.

Spotted a red with red top 1995-2001(?) NSX coming out of Raintree in Culver City this morning. Looked lowered on a set of silver 17/18s.

Black 95-00 on normandie ave south of korea town around 545 yesterday with oem wheels I think - anyone here?

spotted a red pre-02 with a cf hood. i didn't pay close enough attention to notice if it was a coupe or targa. it was parked outside a place called "the carshop" on valley blvd in the sgv

Spotted a silver 02+ on the 15 South near El Norte Pkwy exit last Saturday around 2:40pm. Couldn't see all mods but it looked lowered with rims and an exhaust. Followed it down quite a ways and disappeared in traffic..very clean! :cool:

Was passed by a silver one driving on the 101 near Oxnard last night around 11pm. The plate said TAYO and something. Took the Rose Ave exit.

Back