• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Oil an fuel additives

Use royal purple oil and a high end filter... Use the gas additive that comes in the white plastic container and looks old school - I think it's called Lucas

At your class discuss the difference between pre-ignition and detonation ,your correct about causes of pre-ignition but i feel your dealing more with condition
of detonation. Knock sensors which retard your timing were originally called detonation sensors . Pre-ignition before spark,Detonation after spark. I am not trying to be condescending just want to make sure you have a clear understanding of the conditions.

Yes, I'm clear on the difference between the two. The ecu part of it is still something I'm working on. Whatever the computer does to compensate for preignition...insert that above.

Use royal purple oil and a high end filter... Use the gas additive that comes in the white plastic container and looks old school - I think it's called Lucas

I did use royal purple once and this mechanic I know named Ramon (very well known for his work with NSXs in SoCal) said not to use royal purple because the engine burns it. He recommended either Mobil 1 or Castrol. I'm going to do an oil change soon and I'm gonna put in Castrol Titanium and give it a try

I did use royal purple once and this mechanic I know named Ramon (very well known for his work with NSXs in SoCal) said not to use royal purple because the engine burns it. He recommended either Mobil 1 or Castrol. I'm going to do an oil change soon and I'm gonna put in Castrol Titanium and give it a try

Hmmm well I'd go with what he says I guess but I've been told the exact opposite and my car runs excellent and smooth so.... I dunno

Back