• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Oil Change for the Mechanically DEclined (my story)

Tom, I can relate your nightmare oil change.
I dont think I have laughed so hard reading
your story. My chest was hurting after laughing so much, About walmart car stands. I did the same thing and man I thought the car was going to fall off the stands.

Heres a side story. When I was young and stupid (now old and stupid) I worked at a station. Lady came in, wanted me to put a quart of oil in- how difficult can that be?

So I popped the hood, located the dipstick
(no, not my boss) and dumped quart of
Pennziol down the tube. She drove off.

She was back in about a month later for a new transmission. I noticed at the time
that I put the oil in the auto trans tube- whoops.

Originally posted by Auraraptor:
Just wondering, I always wanted to know, how does the twin tubo compare the to nsx?

Look here...

[This message has been edited by Forums Nazi (edited 23 August 2002).]

Matteni and TomC92 stories are cracking me up!! The whole time reading, I was reminiscing all the times I experienced the same events in the stories.

I came across this thread in the results when searching how to clean the AC drain line. Glad I did, because the reads had me laughing loudly in the quiet office!

Ha! I laughed to myself last night, thinking of this thread, when I got my Grand Cherokee up on stands, went to take the wheels off, and realized I couldn't apply torque with the wheel off the ground. It can be quite the string of missteps sometimes. I'm trying to practice while my NSX is in the capable hands of Ben at Daisy Import Auto. Plus, driving the backup car made me realize how it screamed out for some love.

Well, in short, here is my story for my very first ever oil-change...
The only thing that is not entirely ok is that the oil-filter I had was the wrong type (shorter, partnumber 315, probably for a Legend). I can used it but will replace it as soon as I have the right one...

Ah, old posts. I bet the "wrong one" is now the right one. Or at least the only one you can by from your friendly local Acura dealer.

Back