• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Oil Dipstick level?

Hey guys/gals just recently got the NSX and planning to get the oil change on April 7th. Probably another 50miles of driving until than.

My cold oil level (no startup for many hours) is just right under the 1st hole on the dipstick. Its almost hitting the first hole level but not quite. I don't have the owners manual but how concerned should I be? Should I buy a quart until than to top her off a little?

1 quart between the first line and top line. Warm the engine up take it a short drive, park it level wait few minutes then recheck the level I bet its ok.

If it's below the hole, it is by definition "too low." If you are going to wait and drive it 5 miles to get it changed, I'd blow it off. If, on the otherhand, you plan on driving it until the 7th, I'd add TO SPECIFICATION.

It takes $5 for a quart, that you can always use to keep the level perfect between subsequent oil changes, so why not get one to have on hand and bring it up to spec now? :confused: It's quite easy to add some oil.

Bill

It is quite simple, you are a qt low. Fill it up:D

If you are concerned about wasting a quart, do your oil change now:).

Regards,
LarryB

Back