• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

oil filter price in the bay area?

i've looked nearby at sunnyvale, hopkins, stevens creek acura dealers and they all quote me a price of $16 or higher.

i've seen someone people saying they got theirs for 10 - 11 bucks. what are your experiences?

anyone want to split?

thanks for the info guys... yes, i've seen the dali ones. i was wondering if i could just run over to a dealer and get one for this weekend but i guess i'll have to order and wait for dali.

does anyone want to split the 10 pack with me? i think it'll probably come out to !$110 after shipping and tax. if anyone is interested, please let me know. thanks.

Re: anyone want to split?

Hey jbum

I wouldn't mind splitting a 10 pack with you. PM me so we can work out the details.

jbum said:
thanks for the info guys... yes, i've seen the dali ones. i was wondering if i could just run over to a dealer and get one for this weekend but i guess i'll have to order and wait for dali.

does anyone want to split the 10 pack with me? i think it'll probably come out to !$110 after shipping and tax. if anyone is interested, please let me know. thanks.

oil filter on order now!

anyways, while i was waiting for them to arrive i have a question about jack stands.

i got this garage in a box type package from "Team Mechanix". It includes a 2 ton jack, two jack stands, and a creeper.
(http://www.tools-stop.com/c/Creepers/Alltrade_410712_Team_Mechanix_2-Ton_B00008RW9I.htm)

does the shape of the jack stand tops (part that touches and supports the car) matter? especially for the X? can it just be flat or does it need a groove?

i've done oil changes on my other cars but i don't wanna mess it up on the X, you know?

also, what's a good lift height for jack stands? i think the ones i have only go up to 13".

jbum

I have about a dozen genuine NSX oil filters for sale. $10 each
For pickup in SF only. Honda part number 15400-PL2-004 (Blue in color). ***Note*** If you are buying from a mail order company, remember to buy the washer rings if you're going to buy the filters.

Kevin

I could use some filters as well... Ron, I also live in the East Bay. PM me and maybe we could hook up so I can purchase some filters from you. Do you also have extra crush washers? Let me know when you have your next meeting I will try to stop by.

Back