• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Oil light came on while accelerating hard

I saw the light flash 5 times,I did not have my glasses on but it looked like the light furthest to the left on my 2004 AT NSX .would CEL light flash in yellow and go off ? i am pretty sure it was oil...my car is mint and service is done religiously I have never seen this light in the 5 years I have owned this car, I am puzzled and concerned. any thoughts ? headed to dealer monday morning !!

Oil light is red, CEL is yellow and if it flashes it is usually a misfire code - most likely igniter.

Re: it's The CEL light that came on

The light was yellow so it's not oil pressure that's red I am being told.
wow I also smelled some oil so who know's ! off to dealer monday ! car parked in garage on bright sunny southern cali summer day :(

so i got my 2004 NSX AT back from the acura center and was told no codes set and no history recored, oil service was completed and tech found oil from previous repair ( valve cover gasket)and cleaned it up,no leaks. I saw the light flash in yellow five times (CEL) has anyone had this happen with no faults stored ? cars runs awesome and i am glad but i am not seeing things, nor did i make it up...whatever..i guess, just glad to get the sled back.

how many miles on your car btw? just wondering why it had a valve cover gasket previously done to it?

I saw the light flash 5 times,I did not have my glasses on but it looked like the light furthest to the left on my 2004 AT NSX .would CEL light flash in yellow and go off ? i am pretty sure it was oil...my car is mint and service is done religiously I have never seen this light in the 5 years I have owned this car, I am puzzled and concerned. any thoughts ? headed to dealer monday morning !!

I'm pretty confident that the oil light is ALWAYS red universally since it's a very critical issue in a running engine.

i get cel flashing with a momentary lost of power on acceleration once a blue moon. this only happens during hot starts and if i didnt let the car warm up long enough (less than 5 mins)

its sort of like when you dump the clutch to try and peel out the TCS will blink like crazy and your car will not peel out.

if you turn your TCS off you can smoke the tires till the rims touch the pavement.

I say to rule out your TCS. turn it off and try to duplicate the problem same road same WOT see if it trips again.

Back