• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Oil on the ground~!!! HELP

Oh~! my god....i discover a lot of engine oil on my parking space....and i only bought my NSX for 6 days......what had happen? my is a 92 auto NSX
Please help~! The oil color is like cooking oil....

Is this serious? Need to be fix or not? Is this normal?

Check if there leak on the side of the valve covers, oil pane and also the rubber hose just on top of the oil filter. Mine is a 91 and those are the points I see oil leak.
Maverickhk said:
Oh~! my god....i discover a lot of engine oil on my parking space....and i only bought my NSX for 6 days......what had happen? my is a 92 auto NSX
Please help~! The oil color is like cooking oil....

Is this serious? Need to be fix or not? Is this normal?

By the description, it sounds like its fresh oil.

Do you know forsure that it came from your car? Swap parking spots or park it in the opposite direction maybe?

Obviously, check your levels before you move the car and even if it is fine, travel with some oil in the trunk should you need to top it up. Make sure the plug is in properly too.

If your leaking and your not sure from where, bring it in.

i guess it could also be transmission fluid???

It is most likely brake fluid from your clutch slave cylinder. Brake fluid looks like cooking oil;). Check the little reservoir in the front:).

I replace a lot of these, Out of the last 8 cars I have worked on, I have replaced 7 clutch Master/Slave sets.

HTH,
LarryB

Larry Bastanza said:
It is most likely brake fluid from your clutch slave cylinder. Brake fluid looks like cooking oil;). Check the little reservoir in the front:).

I replace a lot of these, Out of the last 8 cars I have worked on, I have replaced 7 clutch Master/Slave sets.

HTH,
LarryB

Any of those have the RPS clutch installed?

It has been a mix of different clutches, but one was an RPS. I do not think failure of these parts relates to any specific clutch brand, age seems to be the factor, and the fact folks probably never change the brake fluid in that system:).

HTH,
LarryB

Larry Bastanza said:

HTH,
LarryB
I agree, This happened to my NSX too and it turned out to be the Clutch slave. It was easy to replace and only cost about $100 for a brand new OEM part from Acura. Find out which side the leak is from and how bad.

If it is a huge amount of oil, then most likely it is from one of the seal going out.

If it is a small to medium size puddle, it most likely will be the Clutch slave because the NSX dont hold much brake fuild. Also check under the front hood for the Clutch reserve fuild level.

Find the location of the leak. The oil pan is on the rear passenger right of the car and the Clutch slave is on the driver side under the radiator overflow tank. This should get you started.

BTW, I will need to change my radiator overflow tank soon too. Its leaking from the middle plastic part.

Back