• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

oil restrictor for PTE JB turbo?

Going to install AP-X kit with a PTE 6266 journal bearing turbo. I have read that the PTE turbo's tend to smoke or even the risk of blowing the turbo seals without a restrictor. Wil's kit comes with a -4AN oil feed line.

PTE recommends no restrictor, but everthing that I read says to run a restrictor. What size should I purchase? .065, .040, .035?

Thoughts? Recs? Thanks

Just ask Wil. I believe my kit came with a .35. IT WILL blow smoke if you go with no restrictor because the pump can't put oil back into the pan quickly enough.

You could also PM, MSR because I think he went through the same restrictor issue. And yes, PTE tells everyone not to run a restrictor.....????????????

Last edited:
going to install ap-x kit with a pte 6266 journal bearing turbo. I have read that the pte turbo's tend to smoke or even the risk of blowing the turbo seals without a restrictor. Wil's kit comes with a -4an oil feed line.

Pte recommends no restrictor, but everthing that i read says to run a restrictor. What size should i purchase? .065, .040, .035?

Thoughts? Recs? Thanks

Are you using a journal bearing turbo?

I'm running a journal bearing turbo. I didn't want to run a restrictor and potentially starve the turbo of oil. PTE recommends no restrictor and a -4AN line, however, they don't take into account of the high oil pressure Honda engines naturally have. From what I have read, using the -3AN reduces the volume of oil entering the turbo, while keeping an adequate amount of flow. Whereas a restrictor restricts the volume AND flow. I have had the -3AN line on my NSX for over 3000 miles with no issues. So I would definitely recommend that over a restrictor.

Back