• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ok, its gotten boring in here

Allan I guessed you missed out on your wish. After the direction that thread took, I am not so sure we would want another thread to come along like that. Getting pissed off about cars is one thing, that thread took it to another level. Lud made a good move stopping it.

Originally posted by Sig:
Now as stated before many of those reply posts have been deleted. Probably to control the flames.

On the other forum, there is a thread that started out about 6spd/455 tranny. Until the admin deleted some posts, the majority of that thread morphed into "racism". Very bad/sad. Unfortunately, it did so because of a comment made by a very seasoned NSXer that visits both forums, that (in my opinion) knew better to say what he did. I wouldn't say that a full-blown flame war broke out, but the coals were certainly smoldering.

Watch it folks.

I must of missed out on this whole thing because i never saw any of it. If from what i read of the comments made is true, these 2 losers should be immediately thrown off this board. There is also an FBI number that can be called that will investigate these people and their beliefs which they decided to make public.

Divided opinions on automotive topics are one thing, everything is in good fun, but racism and the security of our country is not something to be toyed with.

On a side note, was in my nsx today and a little grandpa in a red z06 put a hurtin on me!

congrats on the z06 whoop-ass, if i had one of those id kick it even harder than i do my nsx, and repeatedly!

actually will be cool to get the nsx all done and suprise a few of them.

Allan,
I think it is time that you trade the NSX in, brother. I don't think she is feeling your touch, after all, she is Asian.

Allan.. you need to leave your car with Gerry for a couple months... let him work his magic.... when you pick it back up.. you will forget all about that lotus TT and the lambo ..

smile.gif

Who knows.. you might even kick those cars for a change..

well deqle, i never was into asian woman! but i think ill keep the nsx for awhile.

if the nsx had 1000hp, it would never make me forget the lambo, the lotus maybe, but never the lambo.

Originally posted by AndyVecsey:
On the other forum, there is a thread that started out about 6spd/455 tranny. Until the admin deleted some posts, the majority of that thread morphed into "racism". Very bad/sad. Unfortunately, it did so because of a comment made by a very seasoned NSXer that visits both forums, that (in my opinion) knew better to say what he did. I wouldn't say that a full-blown flame war broke out, but the coals were certainly smoldering.

Watch it folks.

THIS IS NOT A ARGUMENTIVE POST.
Andy is right we should watch it.
But in defense of that seasoned NSXer as he was called, He posted what he posted without inteding to offend, and he did not. He was trying to explain something to another person. And opinions ensued.
I might add that those opinions were not headed to a flame war. Because they were not
attacking each on each's opinion.
When he said it morphed into racism, he means we were talking about racism. NO ONE AT ALL WAS BEING RACIST. Racism was being talked about rather calmly. And the 2 people that were posting were NOT arguing at all.
Seasoned NSXer or Newbie whatever that has anything to do with it or not, I think not because we all just need to think a little bit more when we post. I am new to this list for the most part, but am I in no way new to the cars or this forum. Just did not post until I bought a car. Names were not mentioned that is cool, but the person(s) that were involved know that they were exchanging dialouge and learning from one another. I guess the tone of other posts set the tone for the day, because the posts were deleted out of haste and lack of understanding. However, not before those 2 people were able to come to a resolve, may I add without attacking each others feelings or thoughts at all.
Have a nice Day
Len

[This message has been edited by len3.8 (edited 13 September 2002).]

Len is correct - the other thread he refers to WAS NOT combative. In fact, as he points out, the discussion was very civilized and intelligently formated. HOWEVER, prior to the edits, the last two-thirds of the thread had ZERO to do with the original topic. The "other NSXer" (being a virtual daily contributor to the discussion) should've taken it to the "Off Topics" department.

Here is why I edited the off-topic posts. After the first few posts in that thread, I never returned because I am not interested in that particular tranny configuration. And even though I saw that thread pop up in the "today's popular picks" banner, I never clicked again. Then yesterday I thought to myself, "Hmmm, there must be some really good tranny talk, lemme go see." Cripes, if more than half the posts had NOTHING to do with transmissions. You think a newbie that came across that thread would be interested in revisiting, if people are exchanging topics of race and cultural difference? I think the answer explains it all.

Happy VTEC-ing.
smile.gif

Originally posted by AndyVecsey:
Len is correct - the other thread he refers to WAS NOT combative. In fact, as he points out, the discussion was very civilized and intelligently formated. HOWEVER, prior to the edits, the last two-thirds of the thread had ZERO to do with the original topic. The "other NSXer" (being a virtual daily contributor to the discussion) should've taken it to the "Off Topics" department.

Here is why I edited the off-topic posts. After the first few posts in that thread, I never returned because I am not interested in that particular tranny configuration. And even though I saw that thread pop up in the "today's popular picks" banner, I never clicked again. Then yesterday I thought to myself, "Hmmm, there must be some really good tranny talk, lemme go see." Cripes, if more than half the posts had NOTHING to do with transmissions. You think a newbie that came across that thread would be interested in revisiting, if people are exchanging topics of race and cultural difference? I think the answer explains it all.

Happy VTEC-ing.
smile.gif

Point taken.
Thanks Andy.

Originally posted by Zanardi 50:
Does anyone here know what David Hasselhoff and Gary Coleman's up to nowadays?

I believe Gary Coleman was a security gaurd at the Hawthorne, CA mall. The shopping center is now in the process of being renovated, so maybe he is helping the Maytag washer man???

Back