• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Old Honda NSX v New Honda NSX via Goodwood

Great find! I believe the show's host says it well. The new NSX has incredibly large shoes to fill. Not only must the new car exceed the performance capabilities of the prior NSX, but it must maintain (preferably exceed) the original's driving flavor/feel all the while maintaining world class reliability and lasting beauty/design.

Having also seen the videos of Mr. Klaus (who presents very well), I believe that he is very much in touch with what the new NSX has to be in order for it to be a success. It seems that Honda has given him the opportunity to make a lasting statement to the automotive world and I think he will deliver. I just hope the bean-counters stay out of his way.

Great find! I believe the show's host says it well. The new NSX has incredibly large shoes to fill. Not only must the new car exceed the performance capabilities of the prior NSX, but it must maintain (preferably exceed) the original's driving flavor/feel all the while maintaining world class reliability and lasting beauty/design.

Having also seen the videos of Mr. Klaus (who presents very well), I believe that he is very much in touch with what the new NSX has to be in order for it to be a success. It seems that Honda has given him the opportunity to make a lasting statement to the automotive world and I think he will deliver. I just hope the bean-counters stay out of his way.

My thoughts exactly. We all hope this goes well for the NSX.

The vid makes me think that Honda should add or change the name NSX. Most halo cars' successors were given different names. For example Ferrari has F40,50,Enzo,LaFarrari; Lambo has Countach, Murci,Aventador; Mclaren has F1,P1. For variety of reasons one being it will preserve the legacy of the predecessors. Loosely associated with HSC, it can be named HSX for Hybrid Sports Experiment.

I totally agree... Honda/Acura HSC was fine.
The vid makes me think that Honda should add or change the name NSX. Most halo cars' successors were given different names. For example Ferrari has F40,50,Enzo,LaFarrari; Lambo has Countach, Murci,Aventador; Mclaren has F1,P1. For variety of reasons one being it will preserve the legacy of the predecessors. Loosely associated with HSC, it can be named HSX for Hybrid Sports Experiment.

Then everyone would bitch and moan that it wasn't called an "NSX," that Honda was giving away brand equity, was a stupid business move, and a typical decision of a foolish modern Honda.

911, SL, Corvette, Vantage, Mustang, M3, Camaro, GT-R, M5, etc. The effectiveness of maintaining a beloved model name is marketing canon. Either way, I just hope it gets built.

funny thing the nsx .......has there ever been a 10 year gap in the genesis of any other major manufacturers models....in medicine the statute of limitations to hold records is 7 years unless there is new activity....so I could see the argument to change the name....but really I want the nsx name to stay.

For the longest time, I had assumed that the NSX-Concept would become "HSX" but seemingly that may not happen.

(reference: RLX, TLX, TSX, ILX, MDX, RDX)

Perhaps New Sports eXperimental has become Next Sports eXperimental...

funny thing the nsx .......has there ever been a 10 year gap in the genesis of any other major manufacturers models...
I can only think of ~5year gaps (RX-7/RX-8, Super Ferrari models). Also, the Ford Thunderbird comes to mind, a model that I actually liked the latest iteration for 02-'05 (of which not many others in the marketplace shared my viewpoint).

Then everyone would bitch and moan that it wasn't called an "NSX," that Honda was giving away brand equity, was a stupid business move, and a typical decision of a foolish modern Honda.

911, SL, Corvette, Vantage, Mustang, M3, Camaro, GT-R, M5, etc. The effectiveness of maintaining a beloved model name is marketing canon. Either way, I just hope it gets built.

those are their lineup cars not halo cars. porsche has the GT and then 918, Ford has gt40 and gt, GM has vettes c's, Nissan skyline gt then gtr bmw M1, i8.

Even if it is all it is hoped and expected to be, I think at least some of us would have a hard time buying a Rolex or patek Philippe that was made in Ohio, no matter how good.

I have read and heard all that you good people have but I keep thinking about this little fact and cannot get this out of my mind.

I think a potential buyer of an NSX at $140k [Made in Alabama] would still buy it at $160k [Made in Japan]. I know I would.

perception means alot......this could be the most expensive mass produced car made in america akin to the ford GT.

Back