• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OPCF 19a with Non-Collecter Insurance Company

I'm wondering if anyone has been in this situation before.

I'm looking to purchase an NSX and would LOVE to be put on a Collecter Car insurance company like Lant/Hagerty/SilverWheels etc. HOWEVER, my car qualifys, but I do not: (under 25, less than 10 years of driving experience, no DD).

I'm looking for a company that can:
1. - Take off Liability & Collision during winter storage (keeping fire & theft on)
2. - Will sign off on a OPCF-19a "Agreed Value" doucment pending an appraisal
3. - Will fully insure a car over 20 years old!

I plan to strickly drive the car for pleasure (not to work) with minimal annual kms (~5-10K).

I've called over 10 insurance brokers and have gotten mixed responses even within the same company! Apparently I am an interesting case: A young driver looking to insure a classic car as his only vehicle with an "Agreed Value" & ability to winter store (comprehensive only).

I'm only asking for advice & specifically what others have done in a similar situation. Thanks for any kind of help!

Best Regards,

Lucas

did you ever find an answer to this Lucas?

I have hagerty for my NSX and pay 550 yearly. Agreed value of course. In the winter months nothing changes the car just stays full insured all year round makes no sense to fire and theft the car when it's 550 yearly. I'm also pretty sure with company's that do offer agreed value the car must be full insured all year just like a bike.

vivanshah,

I ended up going with Aviva Canada and got everything I wanted!
I have the car insured during the warm months, and during winter storage, I only have fire & theft.
Pending an appraisal I can opt for the agreed value contract.

It was quite frustrating as I do not have a DD, am under 25, can is 20+ years old etc. But through a local broker in Ottawa, she made things work.
I'd be happy to refer anyone to her if anyone else is interested. PM me.

Pchpleno, I will be going with Hagerty or a similar company as soon as I meet their criteria!

Lucas

I am glad you found someone
I have been with Wawannesa for 7 years or so with all the things you wanted. I guess i was a little to late.
Thanks
trev

Lucas...........Aviva is the 'mother' division of Hagerty which they just aquired a few yrs ago, so once you meet the criteria they will move you over. GREAT coverage with no questions asked. The only thing is you are insured all year long and can't reduce coverage in the winter. Saved me $1400/yr

Back