• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

open Ferrari event @ Summit Pt. Sept.25-26

All- Ferrari of Washington is sponsoring two track days- open to all makes- on Sept. 25-26 (note: this is on MONDAY and TUESDAY). This is on Summit Pt.'s main course. Lots of great cars, good people ..and it beats working. :wink:

I will probably only be there for the Monday event. Cost is $225/day ..and includes a nice catered lunch

I went last year, pretty cool group. Definitely worth it.

Damn, where can I sign up? I'll be there for the Monday session! I went twice last year when they were at Shenandoah, great group!

I'm seriously considering it. I'll post something by the end of of the month with a definite yeah of nay.

BTW: Get your inspection done by a real shop (or at least put a pseudo real shop's name on the track inspection checklist) This will save you time and money!

I'm signing up for Monday.

NOTE: the form says FIRE EXTINGUISHERS required of all run groups. Looks like I'll be bolting the home unit to the passenger footwell !!!

yeah it said that last year, I basically wedged one under the passenger seat. But if I remember correctly the White group (the inexperienced, aka my group) didn't have to have it.

I seem to recall that too but it never came up in tech inspection last year in my intermediate group, either. I wonder if they allow the "ghetto install" (duct tape) ??!! :eek:

Ok, I'm in. Think I'm going to buy a helmet this year. Any suggestions on a place to get one?

DCNSX said:
All- Ferrari of Washington is sponsoring two track days- open to all makes.

Back in the old Solo 1 days in New York the Ferrari Club would not let other makes participate. Candy ass pansies that they were. Only the Porsche and Jaguar guys did. Had lots of great times with them at Bridgehampton and Lime Rock.

Thanks, I've ordered a GForce 750. Hope it is enought to protect my brain housing group!

DCNSX said:
I seem to recall that too but it never came up in tech inspection last year in my intermediate group, either. I wonder if they allow the "ghetto install" (duct tape) ??!! :eek:

lol

the website is www.fwash.com

or call Redding Finney at the dealership. Great event- you'll love it

Hugh- this event is sponsored by the DC dealership- the owner is a car nut and they do lots of racing. his daily driver is an F40. great group of guys all around. not snobby at all. the "most common" car last year was the 360.

Sept. 25 Roll Call

Installed today: Falken Azenis, Dali front rotors (PowerSlot knock-offs), new Axxis pads, ATE Super Blue. Previously installed the Dali front brake deflectors. Can't wait !!!!

Who is definitely in for this one?

Re: Sept. 25 Roll Call

DCNSX said:
Installed today: Falken Azenis, Dali front rotors (PowerSlot knock-offs), new Axxis pads, ATE Super Blue. Previously installed the Dali front brake deflectors. Can't wait !!!!

Who is definitely in for this one?

I am in for sure.

-ak

I will be there on Monday, register today. I need to buy a fire Extingusiher and a helmet.

Who else is coming?

May we can meet in Ashburn and route 7 and drive out there together.

Sorry guys, I had to change my date to Oct 23. I've got way too much going on this week to get the NSX ready.

I have Chris' and ak's cell #s so I'll coordinate with you guys. Anyone hear from VBNSX or EdgeMts ???

Chris- don't install that fire extinguisher yet (if you don't want one in the car). Last year they didn't check. But bring it and be prepared to install it there just in case.

some pics. more in my gallery

3868IMG_0115_Small_.JPG

3868IMG_0112_Small_.JPG

3868IMG_0108_Small_.JPG

3868IMG_0106_Small_.JPG

3868IMG_0104_Small_.JPG

3868IMG_0103_Small_.JPG

3868IMG_0101-med.JPG

3868IMG_0100-med.JPG

We had a blast- I'll try to post some of my photos in a coupla days.

AK proved he was the faster driver- but I did better minus the instructor Alex (also an NSXer) and when AK had an instructor onboard- that's a 400 lb. swing in my favor!! Alex helped me a lot. When we were both going solo, I couldn't keep AK off my tail, but hopefully he has a couple of good laps of video before passing me. I simply MUST learn to heel-n-toe. AK's exhaust sounded awesome on the downshifts (as did the Ferraris', of course).

Chris in the novice group said he was having a blast. Everyone had a great time- only one incident where a Cobra replica caught the tire wall near the bridge- apparently it was the driver's first-ever time solo. uh-oh.

If you like exotic machinery, this is THE event. Hope I can make it back up again next year.

Back