• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

opinions on 07/08 Honda Civic Si coupe?

My daily driver Civic is on its way out. It's nearing the point where the amount of repairs it needs exceeds the value of the car. So I need a new daily driver.

I originally wanted an S2000, but it's not practical for the northeast winters. I'm considering a 2007/2008 Honda Civic Si coupe. Does anyone have any personal experience with these cars? Any general opinions as to ergonomics, performance, reliability, etc? Top priority for me in a daily driver is reliability - everything else is second.

Thanks,
-Brian.

My sister owns a VW. She's made it her mission to let everyone know to stay away from VW vehicles. She has had so many issues with her vehicle. It was brought brand new off the lot too.

The Si is an amazing car, at any price. You can't even compare that car to any other civic ever made, the refinement is superb. When I first drove it, I was blown away with what you get for the $.

It is also my mission to help people stay away from VW, they are horrid.

My sister owns a VW. She's made it her mission to let everyone know to stay away from VW vehicles. She has had so many issues with her vehicle. It was brought brand new off the lot too.

I've sold 3 TSX's to customers just in the past 4 months because VW had to buy back their GTI with DSG under the lemon laws. Not just a few issues either. Usually 5 or 6 pages of problems that can't be fixed.

SI all the way.

Somehow I predict this thread isn't going to be about the civic si (which is a great car) and more about a unveiling of how bad VW is. :biggrin:

Now you guys see why I don't think of the R8 as the new NSX:biggrin:

BTW have they ( VWs ) ever been known to be reliable? They weren't back in the 80's when I was a kid and doesn't seem like much has changed.

Interestingly enough, I took a look at the GTIs during my lunch break today. I have no idea what DSG is, but they feel kind of cheap inside. The suede-like material on the seats of the Honda Civic Si feels so much better than the tweed-like fabric they have on the GTI. Plus, with all the concerns with VW reliability, I think I'll pass. If reliability wasn't an issue, I think I would consider a Mini Cooper S - they seem like really fun cars!

My Civic's AC compressor seized, causing the belt to rub and burn on the pulley. Scary drive home today.. people were staring as white smoke poured out of my hood in traffic. BTW, can I cut this belt with no negative consequences?

civic si is a good daily driver. the inside is good looking and comfy too.
handling is impressive, and it's got some go. and it's reliable.
buy it :smile:
btw VW sucks. and that also means audi sucks. actually, audi sucks more, because it's the same cars, higher price, and they suck. sorry :tongue:

I don't know why VW has such poor reliability.

My friend's mom recently bought a new VW, drove it 500 miles, and the damn drive train fell out of the car, right in the middle of traffic. Sent her to the hospital.

I asked my friend for some photos of the VW, and will post them whenever he sends it.

:eek: :eek:

They've always been at the very bottom of JD Powers reliability list. Right there with GM's Hummer brand.

Not sure why anyone would buy something that's rated the worst made. lol

Back