• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Original outer tie rod different from new OEM?

JRZ

Contributing Member
Hi all. I recieved my second outer tie rod end and it is not compatible with the car. I've call Acura and the part # is correct and for all yrs. Take a look at this comparison pic to see the problem. The new one is not only different in thickness of how it sits installed but, inside the boot is missing the big cylinder metal piece that stops it from being crushed.

Having problems loading pics from the laptop in the warehouse. Part # is 53560-SL0-A01

2011-11-16125054-1.jpg

Last edited:
Edited. Will keep trying to upload the pic. Part # is now in the original thread

That's true. It's a 92 so no PS. I'm surprised the parts guy didn't see or mention that. He just look at 92, 97, then 02 and said they were all the same #

OK,

Left is new one, and it is correct for the LEFT side. Right is old one, and you removed the bushing with the original tie rod end, which is INCORRECT. The large bushing is part of the knuckle and must stay with the knuckle. You need to press the bushing off the old tie rod end and put it back in the knuckle arm. Then reinstall the new tie rod end. There is only two parts for all year NSX's 91-05, right and left:)

The 53560-SL0-A01 is the LEFT. It is not clear to me if you are really working on the left, so if you are on the right side, you need 53540-SL0-A01

Look Here:

http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org...IE+ROD&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no&systemcomp=List All&vinnoT=&trim=&trans=&view=normal

HTH,
LarryB

Last edited:
You are the man Larry. I owe you a couple rounds. I thought it was one solid piece the whole time. With a soon to be X owner Ming (cheungms) giving me a hand, we got it pressed out. Thanks guys for your input.

Also, there doesn't seem to be any grease/lube in the new one. Is that how it should be?

Last edited:
Same problem here guys and i was wondering where i could get my hands on a pair of those metal bushings thatbis part of the knuckle?

You would have to have them made. They cannot be purchased as parts from Honda/Acura.

Regards,
LarryB

I think there should be a Ask Larry website.

he is like a walking computer for the NSX.

I strive to be at Larrys level one day.

Back