• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OS Giken LSD and clutches

Hey folks,
We all know OS Giken is the best in the business and building differentials, smooth operation with amazing holding power for high HP cars. Durable, tune-able and rebuild-able down the road with service and parts available.
http://osgiken.net/rt-5522-techology.html
I'm getting ready order from OS Giken and I have enough locker differentials(LSD) to cover shipping so I can add more parts and offer free shipping in the continental US! The order is going to go in the next couple of weeks and I need to pre-pay so if you have been thinking about parts for your NSX this is great time. It looks like Japan has stock on all the following parts:

Differentials:
NSX LSD 5/6speed stock ratio -$2320
NSX LSD 5 speed 4.44 ratio- $3250
NSX LSD 6 speed 4.44 ratio- $3250
NSX LSD 6 speed 4.62 ratio- $3250-NEW offering for ratio!

Clutch:
NSX CA30 dual disc with soft release and alteration kit- $1980

These are total prices you will pay shipped to your door so it's a pretty good deal
PM or e-mail if you are interested, [email protected].

Dave

fransicluu,
PM answered, I'll double check stock in Japan on the NSX LSD 6 speed 4.44 ratio.

Dave

Update,
The new price list from OS Giken was a bit misleading...I looked like they were stocking NSX LSD again. I was wrong and even though they list 4 options they have not made an NSX LSD in 2 years.

I'm working with OS Giken Japan to see what it will take to get another batch made, if we get 20 pre-orders will they turn on the NSX LSD machine for us? Stay tuned and maybe we can bring these back from the dead...fingers crossed!

Dave I got one of the last ones 2 yrs ago and it has a final drive whine that they believe was due to their manufacturing I was not alone with this issue.
there was nothing wrong in the way it worked it just whined like a MF
it is currently not resolved, which is probably why you cant get them until they rectify this.

Which model do you have? I'm talking with Japan now to see if they will brew up another batch...

4.4 1.5 way for the 5 speed, they were going to run a new batch end of last year so have been told a replacement will come but don't think they have run that yet, so you asking them may help kick it into gear.
like I said it worked fine but just whined badly

I will keep the pressure on and see if it helps everyone...thanks for the follow up.

Here is the quick update.

OS Giken will be making LSD, plan is to start them in June and I do not have a delivery dates yet...they will ONLY make one set in this batch:
NSX LSD 6 speed 4.44 ratio

Please let me know if you are interested and I will secure spots in the production schedule. I will try to push deposits into OS Giken USA's hand so we can make sure we get parts we order! Please PM me if this LSD will work for you!

any clarity on if the whine issue has been addressed for this future batch?
My understanding is there was only one batch that had the noise issue. The new ones will be made with the same standards as the earlier units and should work fine and be as quiet as the older ones.

My understanding is there was only one batch that had the noise issue. The new ones will be made with the same standards as the earlier units and should work fine and be as quiet as the older ones.
correct just one batch which unfortunately was the one I bought, I should clarify it works well it was just the noise, you should have no issues on anything from now on as they were not running anymore until they solved the issue

I have just hear OS Giken Japan will be finishing LSD for the NSX mid June! At this time I think I can secure more, but if you want one we had better get money down now to make sure to get product from this batch.

The ONLY NSX offering is:
NSX LSD 6 speed 4.44 ratio- $3250

PM if you are interested,
Dave

correct just one batch which unfortunately was the one I bought, I should clarify it works well it was just the noise, you should have no issues on anything from now on as they were not running anymore until they solved the issue

I was asking me if this whine was normal. As it is a track car, no problem with this though. The OS Giken is amazing.

I was asking me if this whine was normal. As it is a track car, no problem with this though. The OS Giken is amazing.
No this whine was not normal I am getting a replacement with the batch in June, like I mentioned it wasn't faulty in anyway apart from the excessive whine and they believed it was just the way the final drive was cut, it did sound good for a while but soon became a bit much

All clutches have shipped out, took a couple of shipments from Japan to get them all.

We are in week 5 of testing on the LSD and things are looking good. OS Giken expects the LSD will ship by the end of the month if things keep going as they are. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I have (1) NSX LSD 6 speed 4.44 ratio- in stock and ready to ship, I had a customer change his mind on the purchase. Please let me know if you need one. $3250

OS Giken 6 speed LSD diff NSX.jpg

OS Giken NSX 6 speed LSD parts.jpg

OS Giken NSX 6 speed LSD box.jpg

The 6 speed 4.44 LSD has been sold. Please let me know if you want to get one on order for the next batch.

I'm still working on getting OS Giken to make 5 speed LSD you can bolt to your stock ratio ring and pinion.

Back