• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OTC 2003

The schedule for the 2003 Open Track Challange is out; we plan a strong NSX team, contact me if you are interested, Greg.

1. Sunday, April 6, Spring Mountain Motorsports Park
2. Monday, April 7,Las Vegas Motor Speedway (America Le Mans Track, 2.5m).
3. Tuesday, April 8, Buttonwillow
4. Wednesday, April 9, Thunderhill
5. Thursday, April 10, Sears Point (pending)
6. Friday, April 11, Willow Springs Int'l Raceway
7. Saturday, April 12, LVMS (1.8 mile "Club Course" aka Derek Daly Academy
track)

April 5th will be an open practice day at Spring Mountain, courtesy of
Rupert Bragg-Smith,.

As mentioned earlier, registration will open next Wednesday, October 9th. It
will stay open until we reach capacity of 100 teams or March 31st, whichever
comes first.

This schedule looks like a lot of fun to me and I look forward to seeing
everyone get after it in just six short months from now.

More info at: http://www.opentrackchallenge.com/

What things are you gonna do to the nsx to make it stronger this time around?

NSX36, is that you Doug? We are trying to figure out where the rules will be to our advantage. Touring class has a UTQC limit of 140 but the yokohama slicks are awesome (ie touring vs unlimited). If we Supercharge we will be upclassed this year to the top group (Vipers, F40, etc)(ie Class 1 vs 2). So, we still need to figure out if we want to win class or have a shot at the overall. It depends a bit on who else comes out from the club and if we want to run against each other for that bit of competitive fun or we want to split up for a better shot at the constructor's trophy. Of course now that the tracks are known the best bet is seat time.
Beyond that we have a few tricks up our sleves that will make even Doug say "wow".
:)

[This message has been edited by supercharged (edited 04 October 2002).]

Thanks for the post, Greg. With two or three more NSX's, the Constructor's Cup is certainly within reach. Overall is anyone's guess right now but I do know the level of intensity has ratcheted up significantly on the hardware and talent. Should be a blast!

If anyone else has any questions, I'll try to check back here regulary to get to them.

------------------

To show our support for the 2003 OTC and our fellow competitors we have arranged three open days at Rupert's play pen. Assuming we get our limit of 25 cars the cost will be ~135 per car. Our first day is Sat Dec. 7,
come on out, test your mods, hone your skills. Doug, Wayne - if you blow up we'll give you a special deal on the enrty :) Heck anyone in U-1 that blows up will get a special deal :), More info here http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/info/events/track_11_15_01/index.cfm

I was just browsing through last year's top laptimes for T1 and T2...there are some damn fast guys out there!!! Unless I get a lot faster by next spring, im probably looking at 10th place or thereabouts! LOL!!
smile.gif

Will be interesting too see what effect the new rules have and how many more competitors will be in it for 2003.

Pahrump:
------------ http://www.opentrackchallenge.com/results/2002/springmountain/Day1-Results%20by%20Class3.html

Willow:
------------ http://www.opentrackchallenge.com/results/2002/willow/Day2-Results%20by%20Class3.html

Team NSX has three cars registered at this point with more on the fence.

Car 15 status - gutted.

Roll cage this week.

Engines (that's correct)are at the shop.

Bigass radiator on the way.

Still planning on it all going back together for Pahrump testing and tuning Dec 7.

well yes...
But it WAS *our* car as I mentioned earlier.

Why is it that you get publicity when you ride in (1) session with Mike? Thats just terribly unfair.
I think the key is the flaming red driving suit and helmet.
You're easily visible AND identifiable from about 1.7 miles away.

That does it...next year I am getting a Flaming Yellow Sparco suit with a Pink helmet. If I don't get attention in that outfit...then nothing else will.

[This message has been edited by Edo (edited 23 December 2002).]

Brian,
we will be split in the classes, how will we work the cup challange?
Greg

PS - I expect a couple more :)

[This message has been edited by supercharged (edited 16 January 2003).]

Back