• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ouch 120mph in a 65!!!

smoore I hope you are just busting our nuts.....that said to all the lurkers reading this and not posting,I think all of the responses have been very level headed and helpful...not bad for such a "holier than thou bunch":wink:

it's pretty stupid to be doing 120 on a public road....but it takes a total retard to do it with an open beer in the car after drinking ANY amount of alcohol..:eek:

good luck staying out of jail on this one....let alone keeping your license...

in Florida the legal milmit is .08 my friend blew a .05 and they still gave him a dui i was always told not to blew because 9/10 you will blow over and it's hard to drop a dui then...

Just to clarify, a breathalyzer above .08 creates a presumption of being under the influence, meaning the prosecution has very little to do, if anything, to prove the individual was driving under the influence. Now on the other hand, if you blow less than .08, the prosecution can still prosecute you at his/her own discretion, however the presumption does not apply. Rather, the prosecution would look to other facts to prove his/her case, such as an open container, excessive speeding, swerving.....you get the point.

in Florida the legal milmit is .08 my friend blew a .05 and they still gave him a dui

They usually don't give you a DUI for being under the legal limit, unless you showed OBVIOUS signs of impairment and are a danger. Prosecuters have a tough time convicting, so 9/10 times a cop won't give you a DUI ~ unless YOU PISS HIM OFF.

i was always told not to blew because 9/10 you will blow over

9/10 times you will blow over when you are drunk, dumb ass.

and it's hard to drop a dui then...

It's hard to drop a dui when you are guilty, dumb ass.

You were told wrong, in FL there is a 9/10 chance you will automatically loose your license for 1 year. In most other states with consent/refusal laws it's 10/10. You could even be a Mormon and if you refuse, boom your license is gone.

NOW THAT BEING SAID, IT'S GOOD TO KNOW YOUR STATES LAW BEFORE HAND. Where I live, a refusal of a field breathalyzer does NOT constitue a refusal, only if you refuse the machine at the Police station ~ which in theory should be more accurate. As well, it gives you an extra hour or so.

Last edited:
Why on earth would anybody suggest "that he get a good lawyer"? :confused: Are you nuts?

Get him out from behind the steering wheel for as long as posssible and make it a little safer for your family and friends! Why take the risk?

Jack
I dealt with this smoore guy before and he is a pathologic liar/criminal. Even the content of his post is just bunch of lies. The reasons that he refused the breath test were:
1) He had more than 2 beers.
2) He is an idiot

Guilty!

I dealt with this smoore guy before and he is a pathologic liar/criminal. Even the content of his post is just bunch of lies. The reasons that he refused the breath test were:
1) He had more than 2 beers.
2) He is an idiot

Guilty!

What happened?

+1…. This is the first intelligent post in this entire thread! Why in the hell would anyone offer up suggestions of “get a good DUI lawyer”? He needs to take serious accountability for his actions! The speeding part of it…. Fine, most (if not all) of us have been there at one point or another, but the excessive speeding after consuming alcohol AND having an open container in the car with him??? Come on - seriously? Are we really giving this guy advice on how to proceed with this case?:eek::confused:

-Steve

When he refused to blow, his license went poof. :biggrin: Stuart is going to have plenty of accountability for his actions.... $3-5k worth. :)

Last edited:
What happened?

Smoore posted an "mint" armrest console for sale on then NSX Mailing List. I confirmed with him that it was "mint" without any scratches or wears. Paid him in full plus shipping cost. I received a totally worn and scratched up console with even the cupholder missing tabs. I confronted him for misrepresenting the item. He refused to assume any responsibility but finally agreed for a refund if I sent it back to him but I had to pay shipping both ways. He instructed me to use the sender's address indicated on the original box.
After I sent it back to him, he did not refund me the money. I called him and left many messages without a response. I finally got a hold of him and he said he never received the returned shipment. After a few more weeks of nonsense from him he had an idiotic slip. He told me that I wrote the street number wrong by one digit and that was why he never received it. I countered that how he KNEW I wrote one digit wrong if he never received the returned package. He could not weasel his way out and he had to refund the money.
Turned out the street number he put on the original box was off by one digit. So either he did it intentionally or not, he GOT the package back. But because he realized that the address on the package was wrong, he pretended he never got it.
Stuart Moore is a dumb crook. Someone should finally put him in jail where he belongs.
Steve

Smoore posted an "mint" armrest console for sale on then NSX Mailing List. I confirmed with him that it was "mint" without any scratches or wears. Paid him in full plus shipping cost. I received a totally worn and scratched up console with even the cupholder missing tabs. I confronted him for misrepresenting the item. He refused to assume any responsibility but finally agreed for a refund if I sent it back to him but I had to pay shipping both ways. He instructed me to use the sender's address indicated on the original box.
After I sent it back to him, he did not refund me the money. I called him and left many messages without a response. I finally got a hold of him and he said he never received the returned shipment. After a few more weeks of nonsense from him he had an idiotic slip. He told me that I wrote the street number wrong by one digit and that was why he never received it. I countered that how he KNEW I wrote one digit wrong if he never received the returned package. He could not weasel his way out and he had to refund the money.
Turned out the street number he put on the original box was off by one digit. So either he did it intentionally or not, he GOT the package back. But because he realized that the address on the package was wrong, he pretended he never got it.
Stuart Moore is a dumb crook. Someone should finally put him in jail where he belongs.
Steve

Karma is a bitch!!!:tongue:

omg cl 65 and steve seriously you guys kill me.....
steve that was years ago i don't even remember what happened it was a big mess you started name calling the second i missed one email or whatever then started name calling so i said f it
and cl 65 i am sooo glad your words of wisdom are there for me......:rolleyes:

I forgot how everyone on this site are complete "angels" forgive me for posting this and moderator just close the thread if you wish.....

nawww....don't close this thread now that its starting to get juicy!!! :biggrin:

Steve

I don't know how true this story, hopefully smoore can chime in on this because if he wrote the number wrong intentionally, that is some shady shit.

When he refused to blow, his license went poof. :biggrin: Stuart is going to have plenty of accountability for his actions.... $3-5k worth. :)

haha - with all this talk of "old timers" i just noticed that I joined the site before you.

:tongue:

I don't know how true this story, hopefully smoore can chime in on this because if he wrote the number wrong intentionally, that is some shady shit.

i would doubt that. I guess it's possible... but you actually think the guy is thinking "hmm.. i'm going to charge for a new peice... send him a used one....he won't want it, he'll send it back... then i can pretend i didn't get it...":rolleyes:

Once on prime i had a guy (annoited I think) send me $300 for a package of bbsc pulleys.... he sent a cashiers check despite my asking for paypal or personal check... well i wrote the street number of my OLD address, from houston.. and the street of my CURRENT address... in Phoenix... so 10126 W. softwind drive... my old address was 10126 sagedale drive in houston.. my current is on Softwind dr. in Phoenix...

So a month later, he's asking where his pulley are.. I'm asking where the money is... etc ect.. 2 months later his check shows back up in his mailbox..

back on topic, 120 is going to be a bit brutal.. just lawyer up, pay a big ass fine, beg the judge, etc.

doing that while on alcohol? Not too bright, i'd say. I do my share of speeding, but have never driven under the influence..

Those that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. The majority of NSX owners would truthfully have to admit to speeding sometime. The open container issue is sort of stupid though because you know better. The last ticket I got was for 105mph in a 55mph. I'll ask you what the judge asked me, "How old are you?" I had to confess to being 54. All he said was, "Start acting like it." It was exspensive, but it was a lesson I'm not likely to forget. Best of Luck!

I've been known to exceed the posted speed limit BUT NOT BY 55 MPH...after "two" beers...with an open container in the car! And on the rare occasions I got ticketed I didn't get on my favorite web site and whine about it. Flames are entirely appropriate.

Last edited:
I don't buy stuff or do business with the entire state of FL after 60 minutes did this article.

"The Sunshine State is a paradise of scandals teeming with drifters, deadbeats, and misfits drawn here by some dark primordial calling like demented trout. And you'd be surprised how many of them decide to run for public office."

Please don't ever drive again. If you do, please drive directly off a cliff or into a tree. Kill yourself before you kill someone else.

It's people like you who end other peoples' lives and ruin the lives of their family members. And, no, I'm not being over-dramatic.

Last edited:
omg cl 65 and steve seriously you guys kill me.....
steve that was years ago i don't even remember what happened it was a big mess you started name calling the second i missed one email or whatever then started name calling so i said f it
and cl 65 i am sooo glad your words of wisdom are there for me......:rolleyes:

FROM 2006
o.k. i'm lucky i didn't go to jail especially since i had a few drinks.
Please don't bother telling me i diserve what i get for my actions no one is saying i wasn't stupid.
Anyway 3 am on a lonely bridge FHP trooper clocked me on radar by myself (not racing anyone) at 110mph in a 55mph zone (another 1/4 mile it would have been 65mph) i was just glad i didn't get a DUI.

Anyway anyone have experiece like this? I now have a automatic court date set for Nov 27th and would like to know what i'm up against? My driving record isn't to bad but not to good either?
What realisticly can i expect to get? does anyone know without guessing to hard?
any help would be great......

p.s. anything good out of this is i was in my car by myself on a long lonely bridge by myself not racing anyone at 3am(i was the only one putting myself at risk except the trooper who was a ways away)

Obviously you don't get it, because this is a repeat. Here is why people are busting your balls. Is 120 mph risky? Not necessarily, but there is a higher level of risk than say 70. Is drinking "two beers" and driving risky? Not necessarily, but there is a higher level of risk. You took two higher levels of risk that independently are not such a big deal and put them together. That my friend is stupid and that is why people are busting your balls.

In my business, aviation, 95% of accidents are caused by a chain of events. Small mistakes that independently are not a big deal, but keep compounding until the result is a big accident. There has been a lot of time and money spent on studying and education relating to human factors to learn how to break these chains of small mistakes. In your case it took a FL State Patrol to break it for you. :wink:

BTW: Your DUI is posted on the web via the Pinellas County Sherrif's Office website.

Last edited:
Back