• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Overeem > all that are human

MOST people should have known Overeem was going to win. He was way more explosive, as strong (or stronger), had the experience, and the technique over Bock.

Did Overeem really go from 205 to 265 in 5 years?
There's no way that's possible...

I've wondered this as well ^.

If you've seen any of the documentary on him (titled The REEM) he states in there that while at 205, he was dieting all the time and very careful what he was doing to stay within cutting range for his fights, and now that he moved up he was able to eat better and strength train as he should have been.

It makes sense because he's a natural heavyweight, and if you look at his last 205 fights, he was struggling with the cut and was always gassed late.

Not saying that he didn't artificially enhance in any way, because it seems likely that he did given his current mass and definition, but I can see how it would be possible within 2-3 years, let alone 5...even through "normal" work

If you've seen any of the documentary on him (titled The REEM) he states in there that while at 205, he was dieting all the time and very careful what he was doing to stay within cutting range for his fights, and now that he moved up he was able to eat better and strength train as he should have been.

It makes sense because he's a natural heavyweight, and if you look at his last 205 fights, he was struggling with the cut and was always gassed late.

Not saying that he didn't artificially enhance in any way, because it seems likely that he did given his current mass and definition, but I can see how it would be possible within 2-3 years, let alone 5...even through "normal" work

Some fighters call him mr.Steroid.

Vitor Belfort was on serious juice, he got smaller as the years went on because I think he cut back. You guys see his early fights? he was a MONSTER. Problem is juiced guys can't maintain it for long. It just tears apart the body in a short period of time.

Vitor Belfort was on serious juice, he got smaller as the years went on because I think he cut back. You guys see his early fights? he was a MONSTER. Problem is juiced guys can't maintain it for long. It just tears apart the body in a short period of time.

Same goes for Wandy (Wanderlei Silva).

It depends on how you go about it. Look at professional body builders...those guys are on them for a while.

12lbs of consistent muscle gain a year (for 5 years) is hard do.

Back