• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Overstock.com Anybody ever buy from them???

I noticed this on MSN homepage www.overstock.com I was curios to know if anybody has bought anything from them, particularly a watch.

I am somewhat questioning of some of their prices of watches especially the high-end watches being discounted up to 70% or more. They claim that it is genuine and authentic. Just they don’t come with a manufactures warranty, which is not a big deal unless the watch is missing internals.

I also noticed some of their watches are prices along par with Gray and Sons a very good pre-owned watch dealer. So this leads me to think they are ok.

Thanks for your input

-Kroger

They are actually a local company here. Well, based out of here. They have a pretty good reputation. Some of their stuff is factory reconditioned, which is where most of their 70% discounts come from. But if they are reconditioned, it should say it on their web site. But mostly, their stuff is just old or last years models. That's not always a bad thing though.

I have bought from them (6 items if memory serves), and everything has been good quality. Not a single issue. Haven't bought a watch from them though.

I bought one of my Ebel watches from them. I like the service and the fast delivery. The price was really low too!!!

When the watch got here I took it to a jewler friend of mine and he was impressed with the watch and the price I paid for it.

I've bought a few small items from them, never had a problem.

Many, many products bought from them with only one problem with some computer speakers. They refunded my money and payed for the return shipping, so I bought a different brand thru them.

fangtl said:
I purchased some event tickets from them, everything arrived promptly.
I've been shopping and comparing prices for a bunch of new books and CDs lately. On books, I am generally comparing prices among Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Overstock, Alphacraze (pricing accessible only through Yahoo! Shopping, AFAIK), Buy.com, and AllDirect (and anyone else that is listed on Yahoo! Shopping, although these usually show up as the cheapest). For CDs, I compare these sites as well as Deep Discount CD and CD Universe. I take shipping charges into account when deciding where to order.

I have found that the best prices on books are usually at Overstock and Alphacraze, and the best prices on CDs are at AllDirect and Deep Discount CD. Amazon is usually slightly more expensive than these, but has a wider selection and often carries items that these others don't. I've placed orders and been very happy with four of these five vendors. The fifth is Overstock, with whom I placed my first order last night (for five books) and I'll let you know how it turns out.

I bought a IPAQ Pda from them last thursday, and got it today.. the item that arrived had bunch of scratches on them, with the chargers that doesnt work!!
i called them and they said they will arrange the return, :mad:
since they said they will send the RMS thingies on email in 2-4 days (dont know y it takes that long) but i will post how it goes.

Thanks for the replys... I did some more research about them and found out a little bit more about the company etc. I believe they will be getting my business this christmas season.

Myself being an avid watch enthusiast was shocked to see some of the prices that some great watch companies watches were going for. With some of those deals I don't think I can pass up getting the girlfriend a high end watch for christmas at atleast half the cost :biggrin:

nsxtasy said:
Overstock, with whom I placed my first order last night (for five books) and I'll let you know how it turns out.
I received my order today and it's exactly what I wanted. It was shipped via the US Postal Service. I'm a happy customer.

I've noticed some television advertising by Overstock lately. As far as I can tell, they're a legit company offering great prices on a lot of products.

Great! Sounds like they are turning out to be a very reputable company. Pretty rare these days. Yes, they do seem to be advertising more lately. They have radio commercials here where they have some woman talking about the "Big O". Overstock.com that is....

Hello, i just got the online UPS return free shipping label, with the RMS number in the email.
im returning the item on monday morning.
they said they are really sorry, its going well now!
just ordered same item from ecost.com with little more money for the brand new!

BTW, now through January 31, you get $10 off any order of $110 or more from Overstock.com if you pay with DiscoverCard.

Back