• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Oxygen Sensors for Australian NSX's

I havent, but my engine light just started coming on, so I think its the o2 sensors. I am looking for some as well. If you find something, let us know. Thanks.:smile:

SAM

I havent, but my engine light just started coming on, so I think its the o2 sensors. I am looking for some as well. If you find something, let us know. Thanks.:smile:

SAM

Each year/model is different. Suggest you visit your local Honda dealer to get the correct part number. There are 4; Rear Bank 1 & Front Bank 2 / Pre & post cat. PM me if you want to do a group buy.

Hey guys

My engine check light started popping up also.

Got Hanny's Performance in Sydney, Smithfield to go thru it and found the oxygen sensor faulty also. He changed them and all fixed now.

Cant remember the price but I had the car serviced together with replacement of sensors but I can recall it being a decent price.

Ask for Peter
Hanny's Performance
28 Victoria St, Smithfield
(02) 9725 5115

Hi,
Yep, this is pretty current for me. I have been staring at the orange MIL for a few weeks now. Following a thread on the Prime Wiki, I considered buying Densos from www.sparkplugs.com (very low price and good reports) but ended up ordering a pair for NTK sensors from Science of Speed. I am still in discussion with SoS because the sensors which arrived are not a pair and the wiring harnesses on these so-called OEM-identical sensors are different to what is on my '98. I can fit them, but they are not quite the same layout.
I checked with Ryan at Honda North here in Perth to get the right part numbers. They coincide exactly with the part numbers in the American Acura NSX Parts Manual except where the more stringent US emission rules forced a change on the American models. For example, the downstream (post-cat) sensors on Australian and US '98 NSXs are identical, but the upstream primary sensors are different. It is a downstream sensor I need right now, so no problem with importing.
The genuine Honda part here $500+. If I have any more trouble with substitutes, I will get a genuine US Acura NSX sensor for about $200 from Dali Racing.
Annie

I considered buying Densos from www.sparkplugs.com (very low price and good reports) but ended up ordering a pair for NTK sensors from Science of Speed. I am still in discussion with SoS because the sensors which arrived are not a pair and the wiring harnesses on these so-called OEM-identical sensors are different to what is on my '98. I can fit them, but they are not quite the same layout.
I checked with Ryan at Honda North here in Perth to get the right part numbers. They coincide exactly with the part numbers in the American Acura NSX Parts Manual except where the more stringent US emission rules forced a change on the American models. For example, the downstream (post-cat) sensors on Australian and US '98 NSXs are identical, but the upstream primary sensors are different. It is a downstream sensor I need right now, so no problem with importing.
The genuine Honda part here $500+. If I have any more trouble with substitutes, I will get a genuine US Acura NSX sensor for about $200 from Dali Racing.
Annie

Thanks AnnieRose; that's great info. I think my 99 Auto (Frog) will be the same as your 98 auto. From oxygensensors.com site, I got the following info;
Sensor 1 Upstream Precat Front (Bank2) Denso #234-4093 US$97.98 Honda #?
Sensor 1 Upstream Precat Rear (Bank1) Denso #234-4096 US$92.98 Honda #36532-PR7-J02
Sensor 2 Downstream Postcat Front (Bank2) Denso #234-4099 US$63.98 Honda #?
Sensor 2 Downstream Postcat Rear (Bank1) Denso #234-4092 US$46.98 Honda #?

I have presented all the above info to prevent confusion; The diagnostic system gives info according to Bank #/Sensor#
I have already replaced #36532-PR7-J02 with Genuine Honda (Over A$400), so I know it's part# (It is marked with a Denso brand)
If anyone can confirm the other #'s (and if they suit all Aussie Compliance models); I will then confirm with oxygensensors.com.
I'm happy to do a group buy, if anyone wants to join me;(I definitely need Bank1/Sensor1, which my mechanic, Indy from IS Racing, tells me has "the long, square connector). I just don't want to buy a bunch of unsuitable sensors that no-one in Oz can usehttp://www.nsxprime.com/forums/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif Paul

Hi Paul,
I just checked to make sure that the sensors for 98s and 99s are identical. They are, so my information should work for you. I will now spray some numbers too!
Honda North advice, checked agains my VIN:
Front bank Primary = 36531 PR7 J02
Rear bank Primary = 36532 PR7 J02
Front Bank Secondary = 36541 PR7 A01
Rear Bank Secondary = 36542 PR7 A01

US Acura NSX parts manual (downloadable at http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Service_manuals#Parts_Catalog )
Front bank Primary = 36531-PBY-J01
Rear bank Primary = 36532-PBY-J01
Front Bank Secondary = 36541 PR7 A01
Rear Bank Secondary = 36542 PR7 A01

By the way, the Bank 1 sensors have female connectors and the Bank 2 the male. I suppose that Honda are just making sure that the downstream sensors don't end up reversed.
Tomorrow I will fit one of the sensors from SoS. It will probably work okay, but I may still be interested in joining you in a purchase.
Cheers,
Annie

hi again,
This morning I installed NTK sensor from Science of Speed. The harness had nothing in common with the original but it works fine. After installing, I pulled the 7.5A clock fuse out for a few seconds to reset the ECU and the orange light was gone. Yeehah!
It did seem to make a difference too. The engine idle seemed better, and my fast 300km test run returned 8.9L/100km. That's more like it.
Annie

Back