• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

P0135 cel

I just got a P0135 CEL on my 92 NSX. From what I've read thats associated with Bank 1 Sensor 1 O2 sensor. All the other posts about this code on that I've seen on prime also has the TCS light come on. My TCS light does not come on. Am I right in thinking that replacement of this O2 sensor should fix the problem? I have aftermarket headers and cat-back exhaust (with stock cats). I have not changed anything on the car prior to receiving this CEL.

I too got that code when one of the connectors in the O2 sensor wiring came loose.
I think Bank 1 is the rear bank and depending on how you routed the rear O2 sensor wiring on the new headers, you might also have melted a wire.
It's worth a look before buying a new sensor

Agree with all the above. Check the connectors, if OK, its the sensor. This (P0135) is the classic failure of the heater circuit - a known weakness of the factory-installed sensors. The 4-wire O2 sensor used has two parts - a heater element and a sensing element. The heater element gets the sensor to its best operating temperature more quickly.

The implication is that after your car warms up, the sensor will sense the O2 level correctly, even though its heater has failed. So driving for a few days until its replaced has little affect on the catalytic converter, etc.

I just got a P0135 CEL on my 92 NSX. From what I've read thats associated with Bank 1 Sensor 1 O2 sensor. All the other posts about this code on that I've seen on prime also has the TCS light come on. My TCS light does not come on. Am I right in thinking that replacement of this O2 sensor should fix the problem? I have aftermarket headers and cat-back exhaust (with stock cats). I have not changed anything on the car prior to receiving this CEL.

My CEL and code p0135 was pulled as well...

looks like sensor I need is around $115 to $145 going thru various places and local stores (not dealers).

vs the $37-70 sensor had it been one of the other 3 o2 sensors...

where did you order your replacement from?
how much was it?
did it solve it?
what was the part number?

thanks,

I always get Denso's from www.oxygensensors.com. I think Larry B gave me that site. They are about $140 depending on which one.

Check the sensor you get!
1. I pulled the wrong sensor once.
2. They delivered the wrong sensor once (they felt bad and expedited one too me. They had a site error and fixed it right away. They are great to deal with on the phone).

Back