• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

package shipping / deliveries from canada

Is anyone here having issues with getting packages delivered from Canada? I recently purchase some parts for my nsx and the person that I bought it from does not keep me updated. Its a known vendor on this website , but I don't want to draw any attention because a lot of people deal with him in the past with good reviews. any advice on to how to go about this would be great.

Shipping from Canada

I just received a condenser fan I purchased from a prime member in Canada
Shipping time was a little longer than I expected, but with Covid who knows what to expect
Hope you stuff arrives soon

I've been waiting for it since July. its a pretty big package worth at least 7k. i been so patient given the covid-19 thing and all. Its gotten to a where i feel im just getting a run around of excuses to point that i just want to ask for a full refund. The excuses this vendor tells me does not add up or doesnt make sense on how they conduct business. I'm gonna give it some time and if things dont progress then i will put this vendor on blast with text and emails. Even during this crisis , it does not take a vendor 2-3 months to ship a package, not even a tracking #.

Did the items you ordered include OEM Honda parts? If it did, then it will depend on who the vendor sourced the OEM parts from. If they sourced them through a Canadian dealer my experience is that parts ordered on critical back order (which is just about any NSX part) took 4-6 weeks to arrive at the dealer and then your vendor has to repack and then turn them around. That was in pre Covid 19 times. Its going to be worse now. If they sourced the parts through a US supplier the delay to get it into Canada is likely 6+ weeks - assuming that the US supplier had it in stock. If the US supplier does not have it in stock then add more time on to that.

If you are in Canada and you are looking for OEM parts the fastest way to get them, as long as they are not really big or heavy parts is to order them from Amayama. It is also likely the cheapest for most parts. If you are in the US, Amayama does not currently appear to be a realistic option for you.

If these are aftermarket parts, I can't comment on availability issues.

this is a custom build order type. Every parts that was built to order was finish around May. We are in September and I as a customer would have to text every month and beg for any updates.

Homeland security delays. I have shipped literally hundreds of ABS-rebuild kits. US customs opens about 10-15% of packages. A lot of trust issues.

i did text him monday for any updates, and he calls me right away. He says that his shipper, the one that he gives the package to to handle all the shipping just got done moving or just got settled in their new place or something, and that he would get me a tracking # next week because he has to go out of town again to Ontario. I said OK, i will text you next week monday. The thing that don't make sense is, why would a shop have an independent shipper to handle their shipping. All you gotta do is take the package to UPS or Fedex , it only take no more than couple hrs. If someone paid me for parts i usually ship it same day or 2, i wouldnt give it to someone and have them take care of my shipping. If next week i dont get a tracking #, i will call them out, and screen shot all the text and post it up on this forum.

Back