• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Paid off the NSX today!

ponyboy stated it correctly. i believe the key word is "credit union". i purchased my '94 in 2004 and my credit union considered it a "luxury vehicle" based on the sticker price when it was new. they had to inspect the vehicle and since it was in pristine condition they approved the loan.
i had good credit and they financed 100% of the purchase price. if all federal credit unions operate by the same guidelines, my credit union in florida said they would finance 100% for 84 months, so other federal credit unions should as well.
as stated above, don't depend on the banks.

Maybe it's a military thing and a Navy Federal Credit Union thing and the fact that I have an extremely slim chance of losing my income...but I got approval for up to $44,000 pre-approved at 5.25% interest, looking for '95 or newer NSX's. They had to locate it in their "classic car" database which I thought was pretty neat.

No inspection necessary. They just checked on the value of whatever model year in that database.

I got a worse interest rate (5.5%) going for a 2004 model RL last year, which is within their 7 year range before they make it a signature loan for higher interest.

Congratulations on owning the car though! I hope to have mine paid off before the end of the year.

Nothing like that feeling of paying off your car! Great going and happy trails - now keep it safe! All the best.

congrats man...isn't it a great feeling :smile:

unfortunatly i did it the hard way. waited till i had enough cash to pay for it, could have hade 5 years sooner but i hate giving banks money. 9% what a joke:mad:.
After driving it for 5 months this past summer i would have paid the extra thousands of dollars to drive it for the last five years. hope knowone else makes my mistake:biggrin:

have fun and isn't it even better driving knowing it's yours not the banks?

Congrats man!!! I bet it feels great :).

This is something I'm contemplating at the moment. It would be nice to get an NSX this summer and I think I could have close to half for a well maintained early model NSX by June/July. Only thing that means I would need to finance the other half and I'm not part of a credit union.

My sister's fiance was telling me taking out a credit line might be a good idea. Apparently he has a 15k credit line for college to help pay off tuition bills. From his explanation it's like a credit card, without the card, and much more money available then a card. If anything I would like to take out a 15-20 credit line and have a little extra left over incase anything comes up.

But being in Debt sucks and I don't know if I rather just not do anything and avoid it.

Last edited:
Back