• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Paint estimate...

I took my NSX to a local paint shop here in my town. They have done some work on my cars before. I got a quote to repaint the front bumper, light covers, mirrors, black roof, rear bumper, and rear spoiler. Total cost is $2500.00. What do you all think, does that sound reasonable?? They will take the front bumper off, the mirriors off and apart, rear spoiler and bumper off and repaint all parts. He said if it were his car he would wait another 4-5 years and then repaint as in his opinion the paint is still too good to do. He said he hates to take my money for no good reason, but he will if I insist on it.

Are you asking whether the cost is reasonable, or whether you should repaint at this point in time?

Why are you considering painting?

Sounds like for cosmetic cover-up issues (small chips, etc) than for dull or faded. My question is why re-paint the light covers and not the hood? Can it be properly matched to the hood which probably is in less-than-new condition?

Excuse my noob questions im a new owner.

The reason is the hood still looks very good and has few chips in it. I guess I could do it but I would rather leave as much oem paint as possible.

If you do repaint, consider getting a 3M clear bra. Otherwise in a couple of years, you'll be painting again.

The bumper has marks on both sides and the spoiler has a bad touch up spot about the size of a penny.

Back