• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Paint problem

The paint on the hood can bubble if the undercoat is nicked and moisture gets under it.
I suspect you have a different problem though. Maybe it is a bad repaint?

Could be a bad repaint but my track on the car and previous owners do not indicate any repaint. I do suspect a rt. side "shunt" at some earlier time but it did not show up on carfax.

I appreciate your response.

NSXTASYWI said:
I do suspect a rt. side "shunt" at some earlier time but it did not show up on carfax.

Many accidents do not show up on Carfax.

My impression is that Carfax does a pretty good job* at collecting most title changes (including changes to salvage title), a so-so job at collecting police reports of accidents, and a not-very-good job at collecting insurance claims on accidents. For example, if I hit a tree and get the car fixed myself without a police report or insurance claim, they will never know. Even if I file an insurance claim, they are unlikely to report it. And even in the event of an accident report filed with the police - oh I can't resist the opportunity to make a pun here - it's still "hit and miss". :D

*When I say "a good job", this is not a reflection on the ability of Carfax or their people or methodology; it's simply a recognition that some types of information are more readily available for the electronic collection methods used by Carfax than others are.

Back