• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Paint Restoration & Detail

Just took my car to Auto Concierge in Fremont CA (www.justwaxed.net) last Saturday. As plans go, I am supposed to pick it up this comming Saturday. Attached are a couple pictures of small sections showing before and after. He promises to have lots more pictures, and I will share later.

Attachments

• NSX 5-31-10 045.JPG
    NSX 5-31-10 045.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 197
  • NSX 5-31-10 029.JPG
    NSX 5-31-10 029.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 186
  • NSX 5-31-10 052.JPG
    NSX 5-31-10 052.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Bob is doing it with Rich (visiting from FL).

Yesterday he got the wheels back. These were sent out to Wheels America for striping, repair, repolishing (factory diamond cut) and reapplication of clear coat. My avatar is a "before" picture...see the thumbnail.

Attachments

• NSX 6-3-10 NewWheels.jpg
    NSX 6-3-10 NewWheels.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 140
Does anyone know of a place like that in Tampa? I would love to get my car back to its newer days. price is of no concern

Belladetailing.com serves Tampa. Definitely aren't going to find a better service provider.

He lives in Orlando, but services Florida and other states, he is a moderator on this forum linked below. The person who detailed the car in this thread also posts there.

truthindetailing.com

Bringing my baby back home!

Bob had it for a week. My neighbor & I picked it up this morning and brought it back to Fresno. I cannot adequately describe the transformation I witnessed when I saw my car. It was just like Bob said "...when you get it back it will look like it has been in bubble-wrap for the the last 15 years..."

Those pearl flakes are beautiful! The color is deep and rich!
The front & back trucks, interior and engine were all detailed; the wheels were restored too.

Bob will have more pictures for me tomorrow night and I will furnish the hyperlink in another post. Tomorrow this car will sit at the front gate of the Fresno Concours d'Eleganza (not as an entrant), and I will be proud to say it is mine. Thanks Kirby for driving and thanks to Randy for the trailer. And most importantly thank you, thank you Bob & Rich for your great work!

Attachments

• CIMG0850.JPG
    CIMG0850.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 150
  • CIMG0851.JPG
    CIMG0851.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 141
  • CIMG0852.JPG
    CIMG0852.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 135
  • CIMG0853.jpg
    CIMG0853.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 123
  • CIMG0854.JPG
    CIMG0854.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 126
  • CIMG0855.JPG
    CIMG0855.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 123
  • CIMG0856.JPG
    CIMG0856.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 126
  • CIMG0857.JPG
    CIMG0857.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 107
  • CIMG0858.JPG
    CIMG0858.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 106
  • CIMG0859.JPG
    CIMG0859.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 110
  • CIMG0860.JPG
    CIMG0860.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 101
  • CIMG0861.JPG
    CIMG0861.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 111
The rules are in the sticky at the top of the forum. Enough already; apology made and accepted.

Last edited:
Here are the pictures and narrative posted by Bob about my car on their professional detailing site:

http://truthindetailing.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=3698

The transformation was unbelievable. And this was validated by the several of my friends that saw the car over the weekend in the show. I can't wait for the next NorCal meet to see what my fellow NSX'rs think!

Last edited:
What you have done here Mr. Helme is against the rules of this forum. This forum is here solely for the purpose of NSX car owners to discuss their activities concerning their cars. This is not a forum for shameless self-promotion, such as your post. In decency and respect for our electronic community here I would ask that you remove your post from my thread.

I am sorry that is how my post is looked at on your thread. I was recommended to this thread from an email and was asked (in PMs) to post pictures. I am slightly insulted by the fact that you view this as self-promotion, but can understand were you are coming from.

Bob Willis and Richie 'Bada Bing' Carbone did an amazing job on your, I saw it when Bob posted the write up on earlier today on my forum, that you linked to. Your car looks amazing, both men are extremely talented, and I hope you enjoy her in good health!

Last edited:
What you have done here Mr. Helme is against the rules of this forum. This forum is here solely for the purpose of NSX car owners to discuss their activities concerning their cars. This is not a forum for shameless self-promotion, such as your post. In decency and respect for our electronic community here I would ask that you remove your post from my thread.

Little over the top isn't it...:rolleyes:

Originally Posted by bhj3

Whoa, 14 posts and preaching the prime scripture. Doesn't take much to ruin your day does it lmao.

+1. I like these detailing threads, I find them informative. I can understand blatant spamming of the forum but I don't find this bad at all. Oh well:rolleyes:

A lot of forums (not this one, they spelled out why they don't want detailers write up's) have sponsors and some of those sponsors are detailers. On many of them the detailer/sponsor erases other detailers work, even if no watermarks or company name is used. It's really too bad when there is so much talent out there. If you are the least bit interested in this line of work there is much to learn from many outlets.

The members suffer as well when the sub forum sponsor doesn't allow them to connect to professionals in their area who produce world class results.

Spamming the board with products, or etailer links is entirely different than posting pictures of your 40 plus hours labor on top of 5 plus hours resizing photo's and creating the write up in my opinion. They should be there for others to learn from and compliment/critique. Very few details come from actually doing write ups. I don't like the minority silencing the majority but it is what it is...

Bob is doing it with Rich (visiting from FL).

Yesterday he got the wheels back. These were sent out to Wheels America for striping, repair, repolishing (factory diamond cut) and reapplication of clear coat. My avatar is a "before" picture...see the thumbnail.

Byron, It as a pleasure to work on your NSX. I hope you enjoy it as much as Bob and I did working on it.

Does anyone know of a place like that in Tampa? I would love to get my car back to its newer days. price is of no concern

I'm located in Central FL and travel to where ever my service is needed.

Bob and Richie are two of the best in the business. I have seen tons of their work on the forum and all I can say is IMPRESSIVE!!!

Here is Bob doing some tedious work, the roof was removed so I could get the original delivery plastic off the roof edge after 15 years!!!!!!!!! tedious suckness but worth it in the end.

6-6-10CarPicturesfromShop048.jpg

I ALWAYS WONDERED WHAT THIS WAS!!!

6-6-10CarPicturesfromShop049.jpg

Back